Unlock the Power of eufy | Camera Activity Zones

Today we are going to learn about how to set up activity zone. With a simple change to activity zone setting, you can get even longer battery life and ensure you only receive the alerts which matters to you.

For eufy camera, the built-in AI can detect and identify motion with greater accuracy when a human is present. With this in mind, it is important to have a good understanding of the Activity Zone feature so that you can find the perfect settings for your security setup. Let’s take a closer look!

What is Activity Zone?

Activity Zone is designed to frame the monitoring area from your camera’s live view. If someone shows up in activity zone, it can detect and record moving objects and then push notification alerts to your phone.

Activity Zones can be set up in the Motion Detection settings. You can specify an Activity Zone within your eufyCam’s view in which you want motion to be detected. Anything captured outside this area will be ignored by the system’s AI. You can now set up to several Activity Zones to minimize the chance of false alert.

The live-view from everyone’s camera, of course, will be different, so the settings will depend on different products.

How to reduce the occurrence of false alerts and overconsumption of power?

Let’s take a look at how the Activity Zone settings can be used to achieve battery efficiency while avoiding unnecessary triggering in these three simulated scenarios.

Scenario 1: Front door

If you have your camera located at your front door facing your driveway, we recommend you consider the following -

1.Draw an Activity Zone that excludes the areas outside of your driveway. Areas such as sidewalks or roads should be avoided if you don’t want the alerts. Refer to the picture below.

Scenario 2: Backyard

If you have your camera located at your backyard, facing your garden we recommend you consider the following:

1.Triggers may occur as a result of the movement of tree shadows. Avoid facing dense areas of trees when installing the camera.

2.If you can’t completely avoid these areas, set up an Activity Zone to exclude them. Refer to the picture below when the drawing area.

3.Avoid leaves and branches in front of the camera. If there are hanging objects, we recommend trimming or cutting them back.

Scenario 3: Porch

If you have your camera located at your porch where there are many roadblocks we recommend you consider:

1.Set up multiple Activity Zones to cover all the potential areas in which detection may be required. Exclude areas such as sidewalks or roads. Refer to the picture below.

Power Unlocked! :unlock:
Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

50 Likes

So what happened to the chat community? Too many people complaining or what. It’s been awhile and now I need some help and it’s all gone. Live chats no good, they say they’re too busy. Are things falling apart. Should I not buy anymore cameras from eufy anymore.

19 Likes

Most-likely that’s the reason. Too many people with issues. Didn’t make them look good. I’m so sick of ppl pulling the “truth” & hiding it in the closet!

12 Likes

I have issues with two EufyCam 2 pro cameras just outside the one year warranty, which is probably just a software issue. The call center was no help at all they just go over the same procedures in the self-help section, very surprised that there is no repair center you can send these cameras too get repaired you just dispose of them, the other issue Eufy has to address is the disposal of these highly toxic batteries,
Eufy has to become a responsible and ethical entity as far as repair and disposal regardless of cost affect! Recycling needs to be factored in.

7 Likes

I am a new Eufy user for two weeks now. I am very pleased with my purchase and their operation. I bought 2 Floodlight Cam 2 Pro units. Eufy support had been great.

4 Likes

I’ve got eufy, both wired in and battery op cameras, I’ve not had any problems but I do also want to raise the issue of the disposal of the batteries and agree that Eufy can do something about resolving the recycling issue of when inevitabley the batteries fail.

2 Likes

My camera doesn’t allow the activity zone setting. I can go to it and set it but it doesn’t save it. When I go back to it in my phone it’s all on the corner of the video

7 Likes

My SoloCamS40 records but I can’t play back on both my wife’s and my iPhones and iPads.
Firmware is up to date. current version: 1.0.9.4 ???

2 Likes

This issue was NeVER fixed. My 2c Pro cameras running iPhone 11 & 12 max pro are trash. Seems to be an issue with Portrait being activated. prior to iOS update you could only set activity zones in Landscape. I am not happy at all. I have tried removing zones in P and L which now picked up everything. Well at least my neighbors are covered by MY security system but ME not at all.

I will be ripping all this trash down and going with a NEW reliable system. I am done. Eufy you can have your trash back

6 Likes

recover deleted videos

4 Likes

I think people are now turning to Alternatives Video Cams, that are Better and Cheaper out there, think Eufy has had its days but unfortunately better systems out there right now

6 Likes

What cameras are better?

1 Like

Ring and Arlo to name a couple

4 Likes

Once you had set the zone did you press the tick to save it, also on my iPhone the camera has to be in landscape to set zones.

3 Likes

I can’t get this pos to connect

I can’t find where in settings to set activity zones and there seems to not be any kind of support here in Australia.

1 Like

How did you manage to get through to support?

I can’t even find how to get into activity zone. All I can do is black out areas for privacy.

I got through to support so often the first week that I felt I had made personal friends with a couple of the techs at Eufy. Very quick response and always with the right answer, plus follow up to see if I was ok plus questionaire to allow for my service complaint if I had one (but never had a service complaint.)
The question on this topic seems to imply it is hard to get in touch with Eufy service but I never had any issue at all.

Whoa nellie… I just realized that the original poster may have been trying to call on the phone. I never even tried to call. I put my question in an email, added screen shots, added video, gave Eufy my logs, etc. Such careful and thoughtful responses came back that each issue was solved. All my issues were learning issues because there are so many things that can be adjusted in the app.

I suggest looking through the app carefully then emailing Eufy support. I am sure you will be as happy as I am. Again, I never tried the phone…

2 Likes

Wow. That sounds like you had great response. I found I couldn’t get past the automated responses. I have had a lot of missed detections. As in cars pulling up in my driveway etc with humans alighting. I hope I am able to solve this issue myself.

1 Like