Unlock the Power of eufy | 4G Starlight Camera Installation Guide

Installing the 4G Starlight Camera

1. The recommended installation height is 2m~3m.

1. The installation angle of the device will affect its detection range. The recommended downward tilt angle is 15°(Please control the angle within 10°~30°)Increasing the downward tilt angle will reduce the detection distance.

Note: 4G Starlight Camera is not suitable for upward elevation installation.

Note: The recommended downward tilt angles at different installation heights are as follows

1. Installation Tips:
  • Pay attention to the direction of the device.
  • Install the camera correctly with the lens on top and the PIR lens on the bottom.
  • Keep the PIR lens horizontal
  • Tear off the protective film on the surface of the PIR lens

1. For accurate motion detection, it is recommended to maintain an angle of more than 45° between the facing direction of the camera and the pedestrian walkway in the monitoring area.

1. When installing, avoid the following scenarios:
  • Avoid glass barriers

• Avoid facing the sun, it is easy to cause a false trigger when the sun is directly shining

• Avoid facing the tree close by, it is easy to cause a false trigger when the tree is shaking.

• Avoid installing it on air vents such as air conditioners, as hot wind waves can easily cause a false trigger.

Setting the Detection Sensitivity

1. Open the device APP, enter Setting > Motion Detection > Motion Test Mode
  2. Walk left and right in front of the device
  3. Check whether the detection distance is appropriate through the device indicator light.
  4. You can adjust the detection distance by changing the sensitivity gear.

Setting the Activity Zone

1. Activity Zone avoids objects or areas that are not expected to cause a detection, such as trees, windmills, lights, roads with heavy traffic, etc.
  2. Activity Zone should cover the target detection area as much as possible, but the above-mentioned parts that are easy to be detected by mistake should be eliminated.
  3. To set the activity zone, please refer to this article: Unlock the power of eufy camera activity zones

Power Unlocked! :unlock:
Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

22 Likes

Only been installed an hour and already gone offline. Not impressed. Picture quality isn’t that great either

5 Likes

I’ve had mine for two weeks and no issues

2 Likes

That sounds great!!

Can you share your experience with more 4G Camera users

eufy team

1 Like

Urgently awaiting cloud storage and proper thumbnails in the events section of the app. Without cloud pretty useless. Cameras workings ok so far, motion detection misses sometimes.

Pm mpm :laughing: i :rofl:

1 Like

mine are mint. Had them for 3 weeks now. Only issue can be when your trying to load the live view up once something has been detected. It can just become a little bit too much for the camera when it’s trying to record, alarms going off, lights flashing and your trying to live stream.

1 Like

No events are showing up. Frustrating

3 Likes

Just put it up yesterday and already off line. Doesn’t say what the problem is. Very disappointing since it was a birthday gift to check on my horses.

1 Like

Battery blinkt fortwährend und zuerst gab es Meldungen dann nicht mehr

Is it possible to add more than 5 users?

1 Like

Will this 4G LTE Starlight work with a Google Fi nano sim card or the Google Fi data service? Please let me know, I want to purchase this cam. Thank you

we are happy with these products!!! :smiley:

One camera works great other one won’t stay charged with solar or plugged in to outlet. Keeps going offline , error msg. Low battery. Very frustrating. I need this camera for security, I live alone , in bad neighborhood.

I am lad I am not the only one having so much trouble these cam are not worth the money we all paid for

Our cam is off line doesn’t record or we have to reset .

1 Like

I’ve had mine for 3 months…
Couldn’t be happier.
The best of the best .
Great value for money

I think most people complaining … didn’t put anytime to understand and setup the camera properly…
I’ve got two of them … because it’s easy to install with solar and doesn’t require wifi. They’re great for my job site where it’s not easy to charge and no wifi . New construction.
I get notified for everything from trades to deliveries.
It’s the best value I’ve found …
Other brands with similar specs are charging 6-8 times the price .
I’m actually going to get the home version as well because I’m so impressed.

2 Likes

So how much is the monthly fee? Box and description say no monthly fee. Then I set mine up and have got 100mbs to use and thats it…. I could just use my cell cameras if this is the case and have much better quality.

I need to wait more then 30 seconds to connect.is so slow. the 4G signal is good.I have made a speed on my smartphone,same spot with the camera.