[Let's Talk!] If someone knocks at night or at an odd hour, what would you do?

No chance ,just speak to them through the bell ,

Only if I had a gun to protect

Definitely not I’d look out my top window

I would not answer. If you were not invited you will not get a response. That includes normal hours knocks at my door.

I guess my cameras have an issue, yesterday I left stuff on my porch, 3 different people were to pick them, but I really none of the three captured any, yet it’s full charged

1 Like

I live in a great area. I have a police officer in a marked vehicle living across the road from my home, one in an unmarked vehicle adjacent to me, and 2 more in marked vehicles a few homes down the road. I’m not a paranoid person but in my case, my thoughts are 1: family and friends would absolutely text or call first. 2: if someone needed help at that time, the police officer across the street would be the perfect door to knock on, if his vehicle isn’t there, the 2 down the road are there, they are never all gone at the same time. I have several cameras and 1 at the door (a pan tilt) so I’d at least hear what they have to say but it’d have to be top-tier salesman-type stuff for me to open at 1 am and they aren’t coming inside my home.

I would never answer the door at night.

3 Likes

@eufy_Operation
Wasn’t there some sort of product offered for the best answer with the most likes to this post?
I could be mistaken, but I thought I remember this post advertising the most popular comment to this post would be awarded a new product, like the 3-in-1 Video Smart Lock. It looked like it was removed from the original post. Like I said, I could be mistaken and saw it somewhere else.
My comment was the first one posted on here and it has a lot of likes, so I’m just checking if there was a product offered when this post was first written.
Please let me know because I keep checking back to this post for the update.
Thanks!
~ Len (#1 Eufy Fan) :sunglasses:

I’m probably answer the door on curiosity more than anything else I mean if somebody needs help obviously I’d like to be able to help him but on the other hand if somebody’s wanting to harm to me they’re going to do harm to me whether I answer the door or not so it’s pointless just to ignore the knock yeah I’d be curious if you’re not going to have one too in the morning and out of curiosity I’d probably answer the door but not before looking out the people and grabbing a baseball bat.

So many gun nuts on here!

4 Likes

It’s not about being a gun nut. It’s about protecting your home and your family if necessary. With all the crime happening, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

I’m in the UK, I would just check my eufy app and see who it was. It’s probably a neighbour wanting help. Why would you grab a gun!!! Cynical much?

2 Likes

Definitely would not answer,

1 Like

I don’t trust nobody except BMF TNT NEXT

Im guessing your storage may be full clear storage through settings

Depending on the neighborhood could be up to 25%

Absolutely not . There’s no reason I should risk my safety .

1 Like

You must live in the USA like 90% of these comments, what a sad way to live your life. To think everyone is out to get me

1 Like

Luckily here in the UK we don’t have firearms. But I would go down to the door, having first checked the camera, and I would ask through the door “who is there knocking at this time of night”.
After living here for 35 years it has never happened and that doesn’t mean to say that it won’t happen. Except of course with teenage kids and young people arriving home after an all night party only to find the door bolted - that has happened!

How is it a sad way to live my life just because I’m cautious? :roll_eyes:

Everyone here in the comment section lives in different parts of the world. You don’t know the crime rate in each person’s community. So your comment is just plain ignorant.

FYI - The United States has the HIGHEST homicide rate in the entire world among affluent nations by far…FACT! :white_check_mark:

This statistic makes it a pretty good idea to be cautious and protective of myself, my family and my property.

This isn’t being cynical.
This isn’t a sad way to live.
It’s called being smart and not so naive like some of you in the comments.

2 Likes