Geofencing does not work at all

2 years later, and problem is exactly the same! Unbelievable! August 2022 and the problem is still that geofencing is not working! Not Home <-> Away switching, this even with just one phone registered !!! As mentioned above! Ask for refund if not yet to late. Whole system makes no sense with this feature not working at all!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately Eufy don’t care about people. I am very disapointed with their service and definitely not going to buy any more products from them. I wish I found this community earlier then I wouldn’t even buy anything at all. Reading posts on this community phorum you can clearly see that they don’t do anything to resolve any issues. They have used to replied to many posts claiming that some issues are resolving and should be fixed soon, or some new features but 2 years later thos issues are still there and what’s even wors Eufy stopped repying to posts which just shows where they have all they users. Very sad because I like the cameras I have but the support (actually lack of it) and ammount of issues is unacceptable for me

1 Like

Same here, as most of you.
Only one user and one phone.
Used to be android 10. Now Android 12. No difference.
On both phones, location service was activated for the app all time.
On both phones, battery management was disabled for the app.
Both phones show the correct location, when you go into geofence settings, so it DOES KNOW the current location. Nevertheless, even if geofence thinks I’m not at home, I go to settings, it knows I’m inside my geofence, click save, it stays in “not home” mode.
This is ridiculous!
Nö matter if I choose foreground service or not. There is NOTHING that makes it work reliably. Maybe 1 in 10 times. 9 out of 10, it turns to “not home” after hours, and when I come back, I get like 20-50 alerts from me walking around, until it eventually sets “home” after hours.
That way, I can’t use any audible alarms, because my neighbors would hate me. And most of the time, my house is not protected, because it doesn’t switch when I leave.
Cameras are OK otherwise, homebase works, motion sensor isn’t bad…
Person recognition is not really great, moving branches or leaves trigger intruder alerts quite often.

I can’t recommend, but I don’t know about a good alternative.

1 Like

Tried to keep the app in foreground on the phone, while entering the home zone.
It worked…
Until I left the geofence menu 🤦
The moment I left it, it jumped back to “not home”, while I didn’t move an inch.
This is the summit of ridiculousness!!!
Are they employing kids to program this?

1 Like

With two iPhones listed on the Homebase geofencing does not work. Either app does not recognise one person has remained at home or gets wrong phone in the zone! I can control my cameras via Homekit geofencing with no problems but my doorbell is not compatible with Homekit for some reason. This has been an issue for too many people for too long.

1 Like

Don’t bother, those from EUFY Don’t pay any damn attention ro customers.

Leave a comment in AMAZON, so that millions of people see it and you will see how they respond, although they will not give you a solution. They just Don’t know how to solve it.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct. Geofencing does not work. Every time I come home my alarm is going off because it doesn’t detect my location. Also, the constant barrage of notifications are a bit extreme. I just turned the notifications off in the eufy app and use HomeKit. other than two issues I’m fairly satisfied with it

1 Like

October 2022 checking in and Geofencing still doesn’t work at all! Hoorah.

We could be sitting at home for hours and go too close to the front door camera and get screamed at by the alarm, which is only supposed to sound in “away” mode if someone opens the front door. What’s even weirder, is that it KNEW we were home (like when we came into the house earlier and no alarm sounded) but it SWITCHED to away mode while we were sitting inside the house? What.

Then, to stop the alarm and let it know we are actually home, we have to open the app, when it suddenly realizes we’re home.

We have location services set to “always” so what’s the issue here, Eufy? Your geofencing stinks.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone use it or buy this product.

Same for us - following thread.

We just set up Geofencing - and does not work at all - will not recognise whether we are away or home. Awful and renders cameras almost useless for us.

Same here. Simply doesn’t work. Very frustrating.

It’s obvious from the volume of replies that this is a continuing problem. The only way it will be fixed is to continue to call and message the company to keep pressure on them.

This is the response though from eufy support as recently as today. So if after several years they still say it’s in beta, I don’t think they have any interest in fixing it :frowning:

“We understand you must ensure every setting about the geofencing. Unfortunately, I also had to learn that the geofencing function is currently still in beta. A completely perfect function is not yet guaranteed. We continue to work on the improvement and will significantly improve its performance with future updates. We ask for a little patience. We very much regret that the performance of geofencing may currently not yet be 100% satisfactory.”

Edit: And note that exact same response is in a Nov 2020 reply further up in this same thread

The issue with geofencing seems to be with iPhone. In My Samsung S22 works well if you l configure the app to use unrestricted battery (not sleep).

On iPhone it seems that the app in the background is not updating the location. As soon as you put it on screen it works.

It’s a shame they are taking this long to fix it.

Yeah it’s strange how all the other apps on iPhone that use location services and geofencing all work fine when they are in the background/sleep for days at a time. But eufy security geofencing always dies after just minutes :man_facepalming:

It’s a pity because there isn’t much competition out there for decent battery cameras, but I’ve now ditched their garbage software and non-secure access.

Add me to the list of disappointed iPhone users. I have used geofencing with SmartThings and now with Home Assistant and rarely have a problem. I have to make sure the Eufy app is running, and it only arms when I leave the zone. It rarely disarms when I arrive and I have to bring it to the foreground and go to security tab/page. Then it will disarm. Before that, I get inundated with false alerts. And while we are on the subject/screen, I can barely read the light gray text under the word “Geofencing”, especially outdoors in light, making it hard to tell what mode I am in.

I noticed a setting under Homebase\General\Working Mode and the options are Standard or Performance(Beta). Mine was defaulted to Performance(Beta), so I changed it to Standard and tested the geofencing which is working much better now. Not sure if this will help anyone else but I wanted to throw it out there

Well its April 2023 and Eufy still has done nothing to address this.
All I’ve read is sidesteps and blaming customer equipment.
No Eufy its your code. About time you owned it.

I have had Samsung and recently IPhone and it has NEVER worked consistently. In fact the only consistency is its unreliability.
I’ve tried every suggestion in this and other threads but no luck. The latest symptom is keeping the app in the background as suggested only works whilst the phone is awake. Once it locks the app is effectively dead and so geofencing dies in the current config. You must kill the app and re-open then you get an update alert advising of the “new” status.

Geofencing is a complete joke and is totally useless. In Australia it’s grounds for full refund as it is not fit for purpose, a purpose they advertised as a core feature and the one that I purchased the system for.

Just purchased a Pan & Tilt camera, and seeing the same … the app only seems to Geofence properly when open, not when in the background. No real way to fix this?

I also thought I would have HomeKit change the mode (Home, Away) … but it seems that doesn’t exist either (as capability in the app)?

Thanks!

I am a security system installer. I have Eufy on test, but cannot and will not sell it as long as it is in a beta phase. Geofencing is a prerequisite for secure operation. Unfortunately, Eufy does nothing at all here. Very sad

1 Like

Makes full sense, and agreed. I admit, not finding a lot of good options that include this, and connect (directly) to HomeKit. Open to suggestions though! :laughing:

Thanks!