Geofencing does not work at all

Could use Homebridge

https://www.reddit.com/r/EufyCam/comments/10r1ejf/geofence_problems/j6xeyq2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3

Agreed! Or at least, tried that :laughing:. I already have a Homebridge server, so just added it.

But the Pan & Tilt camera does not allow HomeKit / Homebridge to change Security Modes? It seems that only works with Homebase?

Thanks!

Thx, will try it

geofencing continues to work in only one direction on its own, and you have to open it up to actually have it switch to the other state. So as of this writing it is still not working. The support team escalated to second level and all they did is return back a reply about the weather or the status of my iphone battery. Sad that they didn’t look at the actual problem.

I have checked background refresh, use location always, removed added the app. and still the same behaviour.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I have been successful using Arlo but would love to see eufy get this working considering the investment made.

1 Like

if anyone else still have the problem, I can try to help you out.
Please try to enable the Geofencing with “Always” access. NOTE: this will drain your battery really quick. I use this feature before, but my phone dies really quick. instead of that I just change it to schedule,

However if you still insist of using it please flow here.

• Android: go to setting → find for “Apps” → search for “Eufy Security” app → Go to Permissions → Tap on “Location” → Change to allow all the time. → go to Eufy Security → check for the Geofencing make sure everything is correct → enable Foreground Service.

• IOS: Go to Setting → Find Eufy Security → Location → Select Always → go to Eufy Security → check for the Geofencing make sure everything is correct → enable Foreground Service.

I think there may be two different problems going on, but eufy DO need to look at this - because whilst one could be categorised as ‘user-error’ (not enabling location to always) there is certainly also a longstanding bug that needs resolving. I have location ‘on always’, but as I sit in my home with alarms going off around me my eufy app is incorrectly stating my phone is ‘outside the zone’ in geofencing settings. Location in google maps is correct and accurate so it’s not a gps issue.

In the end the only thing that would make the status refresh was clicking the save button in geofencing settings.

If someone from eufy is checking these forums can you please confirm this bug has been captured and is on a backlog?

2 Likes

So geofencing is still a problem for me. it works fine when I leave my zone and enables the alarm, but doesn’t recognise when I have returned to the zone so doesn’t dis-arm. If I open the app then it does immediately refresh to recognise I am back in the zone.

all settings re location services etc are set correctly. Now today, I have a rec’d message in the app which states:

“Geofencing: Homebases geofecning is unable to work perfectly due to your family or friends phone location service has not been granted location permission. Go to the enabled devices menu to check the details”

Only my phone is connected to the app and only my phone shows under the enabled devices?

Anyone else just rec’d this message?

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. Everything is set up according to the instructions but have to manually change setting, sometimes… its also changing itself to “Disarmed” mode, which is obviously worrying and a pain that everytime i go out i have to check & alter, if nec, the mode. Which defeates the purpose of geofencing. Come on Eufy, whats going on here?

1 Like

Geofencing does not seem to have a problem enabling “away” mode when I leave the set area but it does not dependably set to “home” when I return and the alarm goes off. I think the problem is I have 2 enabled devices but the app does not always detect when I am “in the zone” when I return even though the cell and wifi signal is strong and background app refresh is enabled on both iphone 12 phones. The only way I get this to work dependably is if I close and reopen the app or look at a camera then the geofencing “wakes up” and both devices correctly show “in the zone”. It seems this feature is very undependable and annoying when alarms sometimes go off when I return.

1 Like