Geofencing does not work at all

J’ai eu la même réponse pour iPhone en précisant que la géolocalisation ne fonctionnait pas si l’application Eufy ne restait pas ouverte.

Voici la réponse, à aucun moment il est question de laisser l’application ouverte…
Mais au final, on me dit que c’est une Bêta version… c’est écrit nulle part sur la boite:

"Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup pour votre message.
Nous sommes désolés d’apprendre que vous avez rencontré un problème du géorepérage de votre eufy Securité.

Veuillez bien noter que la précision du géorepérage dépend de la précision de positionnement de votre téléphone.

De plus, en raison de la stratégie d’économie de batterie de votre téléphone, les modes de commutation de géorepérage peuvent être retardés d’environ 20 secondes à 6 minutes.

Pour garantir une bonne précision de géorepérage, veuillez noter les paramètres suivants :

** Pour iOS, mettez à jour la version iOS et Maps de votre téléphone vers la dernière version.*
** Veuillez garder votre système d’exploitation à jour.*
** N’activez pas l’économiseur de batterie du téléphone.*
** Laissez le commutateur de localisation et le commutateur WLAN allumés.*
** Autorisez l’application Eufy Security à s’exécuter en arrière-plan et à se mettre à jour en arrière-plan.*
** Ne nettoyez / fermez pas ou ne tuez pas les applications d’arrière-plan. Certains smartphones peuvent désactiver le géorepérage après le nettoyage.*

Malheureusement, nous avons également dû avouer que la fonction de géorepérage est actuellement encore en version bêta. Une fonction complètement parfaite n’est pas encore garantie. Nous continuons à travailler sur l’amélioration et améliorerons considérablement les performances de celui-ci avec les futures mises à jour. Nous demandons un peu de patience. Nous regrettons beaucoup que les performances du geofencing ne soient pas encore satisfaisantes à 100%.

Nous nous excusons pour la gêne occasionnée, et en attendant le résultat de votre dépannage, nous vous souhaitons une très agréable journée !

*Bien cordialement. *

Doris

Cas n°TNM312321820"

An update was released that addresses the issue, but I can confirm that it didn‘t fix the problem at all.
Either switching from „Away“ to Home works too late or the other way around. This seems to be an issue for over a year now and also this feature has been labeled as „Beta“ for ages.
We should write amazon reviews that address this issue, so that the company finally does something to fix this issue.

1 Like

I have 3-camera sets in 2 locations. I have given up on geofencing in the Eufy Security App.
The reason is that this function is absolutely not working in the Eufy app and I have to change modes manually (Home/Away).
My setup is
iPhone 12pro Max
iOS 15.2
Eufy app ver 3.5.2_851

I may add that the geofencing works perfectly in serveral other apps on my phone, fi. Apple HomeKit.

2 Likes

Same here. Following

Same here. Following this thread

Responding to bring attention to this thread

Yeah, I’m having the same issue with mine as well. Geofencing mainly doesn’t work and still gets triggered even after being home for hours. Eufy keeps saying to allow location services, but even with all the settings set correctly it doesn’t work

1 Like

I was hoping the new app would fix this problem but no still the same works fine on my phone but will switch to away when my partner goes out but not home when she returns
I like the look and lay out of the new app easy to use but the one problem that needed fixing is still not working

1 Like

I bought the Eufycam 2 on December 27, 2019 and meanwhile a Eufycam 2 pro. I have been waiting for more than 2 years for a proper functioning of the geofencing.

1 Like

I have just purchased and set up the EUFY Security system and set to geofencing but the device is going off while I’m home. I’m wondering whether it doesn’t recognise the dog? Do I need to add the dog somehow? Is this feature working as yet because by the thread above it seems to not have worked for the past 3 years ?

2 Likes

Sadly nothing new to add to this post. I’ve been experiencing the same issues with my Indoor Cam and Indoor Cam Pan&Tilt. Been waiting almost a few years now for them to actually put five minutes of time into this problem to fix it. Instead they updated the app (big whoop), with no attention to Geofencing. It still freakin’ says Beta next to it!!! How is it that a HVAC company like Honeywell can get this right, but a company that specifically works in tech can’t?!?!?! I leave my house, furnace turns off. I come home, it turns on. How hard is this Eufy???

2 Likes

Seconding. On iOS.

Not getting notifications when mode changes.
App REPEATEDLY asking me + spouses phone to set location mode to ‘always’ - despite the fact that both are.

If I go into the geofencing settings, it shows we are ‘home’ when we are away. If I click the gear, then click devices to see their status (atleast one will usually be correctly listed as away when we both are) and then hit save, it will update the geofencing to away.

Eufy - get your sh*T together and allow 1 click mode changes, without relying on geofencing.

I have 4 pan and tilts, 2 solar cams, 2 fixed interior cams - it shouldn’t be rocket science to arm them all to one mode or another —- or to arm a specific subset to one mode or another. I’ve bought into this ecosystem but I am definitely investigating other options - and will gladly sell these on eBay.

It’s a shame, because I love the cameras otherwise.

1 Like

Still the same problems. Why is this so difficult.
Come on you guys fix it.

Same here.

Same here

Same same problem July/August 2022 2 years after first brought up… I have only had my device 1 week so I shall return it as geogencing is not Beta, it has to work in my situation so you have lost a customer who would have potentially bought a thousand pound worth of security devices.

1 Like

Exactly same problem for me. Useless! Very sad about discovering this big fault on my alarm system. And very bad that Eufy doesnt fix it.
Will return system and go with Arlo instead. They have working geofence

1 Like

Geofencing DOES NOT WORK! All my permissions are correct, I am within my perimeter boundary and it STILL says I am away!!
Like wise when I leave the house, it DOES NOT UPDATE!!
Seriously sort it out, I have spent almost a thousand pounds on your equipment.
Also include geolocation within scheduling!!!
WHY DONT YOU LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS OVER THE YEARS!!!

2 Likes

Geofencing is working for my device (primary “home” owner), but my husband’s phone is rarely updating the geofencing. Especially when he is away and returns home.
As mentioned above by another user, it appears to be a secondary user issue (at least, in my case it is).

The other issue I am having is with the camera thinking my dog is a human. That’s a big issue as it is setting off the alarm.

I imagine it’s not worth commenting but my geofencing also does not work, exactly the same scenario as the individual that posted back in 2020! Looks like Eufy are never going to fix the issue.

Word of warning to those in a returns window, get a refund whilst you still can or be stuck with a rubbish system.

2 Likes