[For US] HomeBase 3 has Arrived!

Just keep getting Doh! 404 error…

I just get:

Doh! 404!

What can we do with the old Homebase 2? Any use for those after upgrading?

1 Like

Unless I’m missing something obvious - as far as I can tell, the S380 HomeBase 3 has no WiFi network connectivity support like the HomeBase 2 does. This is a significant omission from the advertisement “upgrade” description and a major downgrade. For those that need to locate their HomeBase away from the router for the best centralized connection with cameras it could limit this units application. I also liked the fact you could hide the HomeBase2 in a discrete location using WiFi. Am I just missing some setup option or did they remove the 2.4GHz WiFi from the new HomeBase 3?

6 Likes

Could I speaker the dutch language I live in the Netherlands in what Way I can install the Dutch language?

Eufy sucks! :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

I can’t get anything sent to me here in Australia, I really want to but the upgrade but it only shows United States

I really didn’t notice about the wifi. It should have it for more room placement options. A mistake in my opinion.

2 Likes

Please try clicking this link with the App

https://security-mall.eufylife.com/activities/story_homebase3_220930?utm_source=app&utm_medium=app_community&utm_content=&utm_campaign=us_security_campaign_hb3_0930&utm_term=

Homebase offline, Eufy is the worst company they refuse to repair their products, they prefer to leave their customers vulnerable! Eufy hates its customers apparently, everything is offline when the homebase is offline, they refuse to fix it

HomeKit would be ideal for total home integration. I hope they don’t give up on HomeKit. That would be a grave mistake as competition would and many would abandon this great company.

Is there a way to migrate the cameras off the old homebase to homebase 3?

2 Likes

Doh! 404 error!

Buy Gen 2 which seems to be the best option out of all of them. I bought this new base and there’s no Wifi no HomeKit nothing that the base 2 has. How do you make a new product and it’s not an improvement on your old one? Lol :joy: what a JOKE! Returning this crappy box. No HomeKit and I have to keep it by my router??? We live in a wireless world why am I being forced to wire? Also it’s expandable doesn’t come with extra storage.

3 Likes

Love the homebase 3 over 2, yes no homekit is a pain and not including wifi is insane, whoever decided that is an absolute idiot, and blaming not including it because of latency or connection stability is not an excuse. But do you really expect Eufy to freely give you hundreds of gigabytes or a few terabytes of local expandable storage for free! :smile:.

For the storage I just popped in a spare 1TB mechanical drive I had lying around and it works fine, as for the wifi problem I bought a small plug sized wifi extender that does 2.4Ghz/5Ghz AC that included a ethernet port so now I can plug my homebase 3 anywhere I want with power socket. Yes it’s an extra expense but it was only £31 so not a big deal. Have it streaming 4K video perfectly fine without dropping the connection and it connects very quickly.

Really hope Eufy updates the firmware for the Dual Doorbell quickly, ideally before this or next month as I have to keep a homebase 2 up and running just for a doorbell. Another idiotic decision that the homebase 3 was launched before it even supported Eufy’s own on the market devices, and even worse the newest ones are updated last to support the homebase 3 when you’d think they’d be ready to go out of the box :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

How did you set up your home base without having to resync everything?

As far as I know there isn’t an easy transfer process, just have to remove the device from the old homebase and sync it from scratch with the new one. Had to setup all my preferences and schedules again, a pain but shouldn’t have to be done again for a long time hopefully.

1 Like

Need to be able to migrate your existing devices from the HomeBase 2 to HomeBase 3. Please make this a pain process. Thanks

2 Likes

Don’t make this a pain process

We stood under what you meant!

1 Like

@eufy_Operation any comment on battery backup options?