[For US] HomeBase 3 has Arrived!

Yup you are correct the Gen 2 cameras that you have work with HomeKit, the Gen 1 cameras were supposed to get that feature but instead they released a Gen 2 and basically ignored the Gen 1 folks without even providing a reason why the HomeKit feature was no longer coming to the Gen 1 cameras. It’s crazy to expect people who spent hundreds of dollars buy the first system to then turn around and buy the Gen 2 cameras if you wanted HomeKit. But Eufy’s HomeKit support is all over the place, they supported it for the Gen 2 cameras and the indoor cameras but none of the other camera’s. I heard 1 of the versions of their door bell may support home kit as well. They have a lot of good products, ones that I want to buy but without HomeKit support I can’t buy them when I have all my smart home features in HomeKit.

2 Likes

Are any of the gen 2 cameras or doorbells compatible with the new Homebase 3 now? I read there will be a roll out of compatibility. I thought I saw a list but can’t find it now.

4 Likes

I am interested for those of us with a HomeBase 1 (KS original) is there a battery backup for the 3?
What is the best way to migrate our cameras from the HB1 to the HB3 to maintain history?

I have my HB3 at my house, but am waiting for some advice on how to migrate cameras over without having to loose the existing history.

1 Like

404 error. US & Cdn eufy system owner. Trying to take advantage of $50 upgrade path. Help!!!

Deal for existing Australian user for Homebase 3?

2 Likes

Trying to use the app to upgrade, says sold out.

1 Like

Amen to that! I just setup my HB3 and have 7 devices and the process is a pain in the butt! Before beginning you need to update the Eufy security app on your smartphone because if you’re like I was I had an older version that didn’t even list HB3 as an option to add.

4 Likes

So Homebase 2 could be setup anywhere and then connected to wifi. Does the Homebase 3 not have wifi support? I could not find it nor a connections setting for it.

2 Likes

I like to know as well. Hopefully AUS market can upgrade the same way

2 Likes

It appears Homebase 3 does not have Wi-Fi support. Why would they leave such a simple function out?
Well, I suppose you could use a Wi-Fi repeater with a LAN connection to the HomeBase 3 to make it semi portable to where you wish to locate it…

Copied and paste from their website:
Note: HomeBase 3 can only be connected to the router by cable to ensure a perfect connection. HomeBase 3 can not connect to your network via Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi repeater function of Homebase 3 supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi only.
…UPDATE… 2/24/2023 …

2 Likes

Clicking on “Buy now” does not work for me.

2 Likes

Please join us through the new community section of the app.
The “Buy now” only works within the App

Just set mine up and I noticed it shows 9.8gb available on internal storage. It seems to be split between system and video & data. Why would it have video if nothing has been recorded yet?

2 Likes

I noticed that too and it made me reformat from the get go and it didn’t change. Not sure what all takes that much space.

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed the 1tb drive that came with it also has some space taken that is listed as video I tried clearing both but it makes no difference.

Well some space will always be taken. Its not suppose to come with 1TB hard drive so if you got 1 in there congrats

I’m in app and link does NOT work!!

2 Likes