Can’t login in the app

I thought this was just me, But I am seeing a lot of people are experiencing the same thing. I think It has to do with Eufy’s server not communicating with the app we are using. I’ve tried to restart my homebase and restart my phone, but it is still showing “Unable to connect to the application server”. This is not good especially for a security perspective. That means that someone can potentially manipulate the application server if they mess around eufy’s own server.

like I stated in a previous post this isn’t the first time that this has happened. last time the servers were down for an extended period of time.

Did eufy reply last time this happen with the reason?

1 Like

Here at my place (NL) everything looks like it’s back up and running again…
feels like eufy didn’t expect a lot of new costumers who trying to instal everything at the same moment. Hope this was once in a lifetime!

Curious if it will still record when internet connection or power connection is down. Will see!

Thanks for Everyone’s reaction! Love :kissing_heart:

I’m not sure what experience other cams are having but the Indoor 2k cams still work properly as far as notifications and viewing live stream so it’s not terrible. Events and device adding/removal are still returning 503.

The fact that Eufy has yet to make a public statement about this is kind of crap, all we know is everyone’s off for the weekend. The way you prevent the influx of customer support is to inform your users what is going on not just flip the support switch :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just shows you that when they go out of business their cameras become paper weights. Won’t buy anything else from them. This system is to dependent on them and not stand alone. What’s the point of have clips on the home base that is dependent on their app connection

3 Likes

I had disarmed my system and now can’t go back to home or away mode. This is total BS. I did not realize that if their servers went down that the system would be useless. Not happy right now.

3 Likes

Wonder if the smart lock depends on the servers. Imagine being locked out if the server is down.

1 Like

Hi,

I am based in Australia and having the following issue.

1. The door sensors are appearing offline.

2. One of the door sensor is missing in the iPad app. I don’t know about the iPhone app because I cannot login to the iPhone app.

3. I am unable to login, reset or login through Touch ID to the iPhone app.

Can I please get an update on why this is happening?

Thanks

This is very dangerous as I thought I didn’t need to be connected to a server for the system to work.

EuFY has some questions to answer. Why the hell does the product need to be connected to a server to work. All the functionality should be local.

5 Likes

Spot on. This is a total bull shit system. Why the hell is the system connecting to the eufy servers in the first place. I thought this was a standalone device.

I will be reporting this to the consumer watchdog here in Australia and report privacy violations.

5 Likes

@Junaid I’m very curious and interested how that will end, can you keep us/me informed??

I thought this problem was only about login in or registering, to get into your system but by the reactions of everyone, I was shaking everyone up :see_no_evil:

@Michel_Bien will sure do.

I was under the impression that the system will work as long as there is power supply and local wifi in my home. Yes internet connectivity ensures I can access the system from outside when I am not home but I didn’t realise that internet connectivity to eufy servers is required even for normal functioning of the system.

What else is eufy spying on?

Please make sure you report this issue to the privacy watchdog in your country. I will report this in Australia.

This is a single point of failure product. The internet connection can go down for so many reasons.

Very disappointed with Eufy.

5 Likes

We have a message from eufy…?

This looks like to be a message from a junior Helpdesk guy working on a weekend with no one to talk to.

All I can say is better then nothing…

Is @AnkerSupport Reading with us??

1 Like

I am in Australia and having the same problem with connection to application server. Can live stream on the cameras and getting motion detection alerts but no events being displayed due to this server error. I was also under the impression the system was stand alone. Just thought that connection to Eufy was for system updates etc. This issue is disappointing and disturbing and Eufy should correct it as soon as possible. It certainly seems that we have been misled about the security and stability of this system

3 Likes

@The_dentist definitely a very misleading product and not to mention a poorly designed one.

Why would anyone have a single point of failure in their product by connecting it to their servers which can go down any time.

If this product is not stand alone then I will be asking for a refund.

3 Likes

Unable to modify settings, automation, sleep etc but live stream seems fine as of now. Unfortunately i have one camera facing my garage gym and i have turn it off during the work out otherwise it will drain the battery for real quick. Come on eufy we luv u fix it!