Can’t login in the app

unfortunately for me my system is disarmed and I can’t re-arm it. I use home and disarm cause eufy can’t figure out how to get geofencing to work along with detection zones but they know how to send you ads for more half-baked sh*t!.

1 Like

Are the servers down again!??!! I can view my events. Says phone has not internet once again. Thought servers were fixed?? Anyone else having issues again. Why has Eufy still not said anything

1 Like

It’s been up and down (mostly down) all day

1 Like

That’s ridiculous!! Eufy needs to make a statement very soon. We need to know why this is happening. And we need a fix. I wish I could return my products.

1 Like

Australia and still with problems here, notifications are working but I cannot watch videos stored

My events just came up for about a second and went back down. Just enough time to see my motion events were my dog and not a criminal.

I’ve had mine for almost a month and my return window with amazon is the 16th…I’ll be packing mine up tomorrow and starting refund process. It’s a shame because it was really the only option outside of a wired PoE system.

1 Like

This is a shame. Maybe Eufy will figure it out when they loose 1000 customers

Would not have purchased this system had I known there was this dependency on connecting to their servers. Past the return window so I am stuck with these bricks but will never recommend their products while this glaring and deceptive defect exists

2 Likes

Here it is. The response from Eufy on their live chat

We are sincerely sorry to say that there’s been an issue with Eufy Security server. Please be assured that our tech team is working very hard on fixing this as soon as possible.

Having more and more users worldwide registering eufy accounts and logging in to the Eufy security app, our Eufy Security server needs upgrades to accommodate the expanding scale. For better user experience in the future and for system maintenance, we are performing a system upgrading but unfortunately encountering a system-wide issue.

Rest assured that your cameras are still working and all the recorded videos will be saved in your local storage. And when the server is back to normal, you can still see all the recorded videos on the Events page.

We genuinely hope you have faith in our engineers and we will try our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible within 24 hours.

1 Like

It just sucks that you have to rely on their server in order to view local video or the feed. I really wished it was local ready.

2 Likes

same thing happened last time “server upgrade” - what a joke!!

Eufy please explain to me how I can rest assured as my system is disarmed and I cannot switch it back on - I get the 503 error

Been hours and there only been mention from eufy maintenance on servers for the course and thats it.

Received this via email at 3:37am eastern on June 13.

“ Thank you for contacting eufy Security Customer support.

We extend our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused. We were upgrading the server, and some users may not be able to access the eufy App normally during this time. The issue has been resolved now. Please try it again.”

Indoor cameras and firmware updates still failing here.

Well,
I got an email apologizing for no live chat or customer service being closed during hours and to call back Monday.
The email me was addressed to my email address, not my name which was clearly in the closing of my complaint. I sent 2 different complaints. The grammar was off on their response and it stated it should be working, if I am not satisfied call back within 24 hours. Monday through Friday.
??? Really? I got the email last night.
So I called Arlo, (USA company). Had to hold for 20 minutes due to COVID. This call was last night. They explained their system to me.
I am boxing up Eufy and returning.

Does anyone know If the server goes down again will this effect the eufy home life app aswell, lights, plug & RoboVac?

eufy security app is independent with eufy home life app. If it goes down again, please contact support@eufylife.com.

Our engineers have upgraded server and I believe it will not happen again:grinning:

Dear eufy backers,

All the issue has been fixed. If you still have same problems, please contact support@eufylife.com.

The video data does encrypt and save on local HomeBase. Video data streams directly from HomeBase to your phone.

Nowadays, remote access is mandatory for most people. We developed the architecture starting from this demand.
The App relies on the server as an address book to find the HomeBase and locate the video.

The key concern here is whether the video data is uploaded to the cloud.
No, videos are not uploaded.

If you would like to know more, a simple test could help you understand. Once the App allocates the video and you start playing one of them, you may unplug the Internet cable of the router. This cuts your camera system from Internet. You will find your phone can still playback the next couple videos because the video is transmitted directly from HomeBase to the phone.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to have full control & notifications on Lan only (no internet connection)?

2 Likes