Unlock the Power of eufy | Here a Guidelines For The SoloCam QR Code Binding

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart-home class.

For today’s post, we will explore a few must-know Guidelines for the SoloCam QR Code Binding.

The SoloCam series is our latest set of battery cameras and uses a new binding method to add devices in the setup process.

Sneak Peek :eyes:

How to pair your device via QR code

The traditional way: Use your phone :iphone: to scan the QR code on cam body (see image below, left)

The new way: Use the SoloCam to scan the QR code generated on the phone (see image below, right)

Setup Guide :page_facing_up:

Let’s take a look at how to add a brand new SoloCam

Step :one:

Tap “Devices” at the bottom of the app. Then scroll to the bottom and tap “Add Device”. Select the SoloCam series.

Step :two:

You will then be directed to the Wi-Fi Setup page. Select the Wi-Fi you want the device to connect to, input the password, and press the SYNC button. When you hear the beep, tap “Heard a Beep” and a QR code will appear on your phone.

Step :three:

Use SoloCam to scan this QR code. Please make sure the distance between SoloCam and the QR code on your phone is about 8 inches. After a successful scan, you will hear two beeps, and the device will be connected to Wi-Fi.

Step :four:

Once the network has been successfully connected, you can set your device name, and then follow the app’s instructions to complete the binding. Finally, you will see your device has been added successfully.:ballot_box_with_check:

Power Unlocked! :unlock:

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? We know that the sheer level of features on our products can be a little overwhelming. So to make life easier, we want to share with you tips into how to best use your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart home class.

Hurry up and add your own SoloCam

Have More Questions? Contact Us :speech_balloon:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app > Help > Call us/Feedback

2)Leave a comment at the bottom of this post

3)Email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.:hugs:

eufy Security Team

7 Likes

The qr code doesnt scan. I just sit there holding the camera and phone until it times out.

I emailed for support and got the same copy pasted basic instructions for troubleshooting.
Then was advised to exchange it with no indication of the actual problem and no attempts to work with me.

I exchanged it and the exact same thing is happening on the new one.
I saw online others who had the same issue but exchanged and the new one worked fine.

Now, I know how useless the support will be, I dont want to have to go through it again. They must have made big mistakes releasing faulty cameras and now it’s like a lucky dip whether you get a working one or not. Seems like you either get a really great camera or a really expensive paperweight.

3 Likes

New way is terrible and doesn’t work. Beyond frustrating, makes me hate your company and I want to destroy this camera. POS!

www.google.com FrEeDoM

www.google.com.

Oh sorry didn’t mean to text it :sweat_smile:

How to remove doorbell

Great Camera when connected. However cannot get it to reconnect.
suspect it’s the iPhone using 5Ghz and then camera can’t connect even though router supports 5 and 2.4.
anyone know of a way to force iPhone ? I may try turn off 2.4 if I can into router. It’s a SKYTV router and supports a SkyGlass device.

so frustrating.

The cameras can only use 2.4 GHz… It shouldn’t matter what band your iPhone is using once it has already established a connection on your 2.4 GHz.

It only matters when you first set it up, like your iPhone needs to be on your routers 2.4 GHz.

Some info:
Connect Your Mobile Devices to 2.4GHz WiFi Network

During the setup process, you will need to connect your mobile devices to the 2.4GHz WiFi network that you are going to use to set up your eufySecuirty device. Procedures will vary based on different models of mobile devices.
Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.

Makes sense and probably what I am going to have to do. Apple have decided to not allow an iPhone to be forced between frequencies for the same SSID. Only option is to change router to stop 5Ghz temporarily to ensure iPhone running the app is on same frequency as camera.
is it worth a factory reset of camera and can this be done as sometimes configs can get corrupted?
any further advice ?
Thanks
Jof

Which camera do you have?
You said your camera was connected to your 2.4 GHz before right?

Usually when the camera loses the Wi-Fi connection it will auto reconnect once it finds it again.

This could also be the issue / problem the SSID broadcast name is the same for both 2.4 and 5GHz.
I would go into the routers settings and change the SSID name for the 5ghz band. You can basically keep it the same I don’t know what it’s listed as but if 2.4GHz is in the name then remove that.
Then you won’t need to turn off the 5Ghz but you will need to reconfigure any devices you have that previously connected to your 5Ghz WiFi to connect to the new SSID.
Also this should give you the option on your iPhone now to switch between the 2 Wi-Fi bands.

My battery says dead and won’t operate now.
it is receiving sun, but shut down completely. Any suggestions?

Plug it in and let it recharge for awhile, a few of mine have done the same but seem to come good after even just a brief plug-in.

I have my cameras on human only but they keep picking up our dogs!!! How do I stop this? it’s very annoying getting notifications every 5 seconds when they walk past it! I have even set detection zones off the ground

Trying to connect it tells me to scan code on my phone that doesn’t work! Where do I find the 8 digit activation code???

Eufy say solocam L40 is not compatible with solar panel… Tried it an it charge on normal battery modes. If you select solarpanel it dont charge anymore. Maybe a update in the future to make the solarpanel work with L40 cam?

Your more than welcome to send the cam to me and I’ll look at it for you no charge :smiley:

Bought eufycam Solo L40 in December to replace old outdated camera that worked. Can’t set this solo to connect to my Google mesh wifi as it only works with 2.4 ghz. Anyone have a fix?