Unlock the Power of eufy | Expanding the Storage of S380 HomeBase (HomeBase 3)

Do you ever feel that your smart home has you outsmarted? To make life easier, we want to share useful tips each month that will help you make the most of your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the Power of eufy” posts. Be at the top of the smart home class. In this installment we are taking a closer look at the expandable storage of HomeBase 3.

About HomeBase 3 Storage

HomeBase 3 has 16 GB of built-in storage and an expansion bay for installing an additional hard drive.

Hard drives, both HDD and SSD, that meet the following specifications can be used:

1. Size: 2.5"

2. Operating Voltage: 5V

3. Interface: SATA

4. Capacity: Hard drives up to 16 TB

We recommend using known brands with a good reputation, such as Seagate, Western Digital, and Samsung.

How Much Footage Can Be Stored on HomeBase 3?

• When using HomeBase 3’s built-in 16 GB of storage:
  1. One camera: Up to 6 months of event recordings*

2. Two cameras: Up to 3 months of event recordings*

*The actual storage amount is a ffected by the number of video recording events captured . We used a total daily recording time of 500 s econds for these calculations.

What H appens W hen the Video Storage is F ull?

When the video storage is full, new recordings overwrite the oldest recordings, ensuring the latest event recordings can always be stored. Event recordings will be stored on the additional hard drive first if one is installed.

Hard Drive Installation

Add a hard drive in 3 Steps

Note:

1. HomeBase 3 does not support hot swapping of hard drives. Power off HomeBase 3 before inserting or removing a hard drive.

2. Hard drives need to be formatted before they can be used with HomeBase 3.

Note: If using a hard drive that already has data stored on it, back up the stored data to avoid data loss.

Hard Drive Formatting

Find the hard drive formatting feature here:

eufy Security app > HomeBase 3 Homepage > Storage > Format

Video Archive

HomeBase 3 supports video backup through the USB port on the back. By using a USB storage drive, it is possible to back up your event recordings.

Follow these steps to backup your event recordings from HomeBase 3:

1. Insert a USB storage drive into the USB port of HomeBase 3.

2. Go to HomeBase 3’s section in the eufy Security app and then click on “Video Archive.”

3. Select the time range of the recordings you want to backup.

4. Click “Archive” to start the backup and wait for the process to finish.

FAQ

Q1:What if no hard drive is displayed on HomeBase 3’s storage page after a hard drive has been added?

1. Make sure to power off HomeBase 3 before inserting or removing a hard drive.

2. Wait a few minutes for HomeBase 3 to register the hard drive, especially if the capacity is larger than 1 TB.

Q2: What if videos aren’t being recorded after a hard drive has been added?

1. Make sure the hard drive has been formatted.

2. Make sure motion detection has been turned on.

3. Make sure your security mode has the video recording option enabled.

Q3: What if videos stop recording after using a hard drive for a while?

1. Restart HomeBase 3 and check again. If the problem persists, power off HomeBase 3 then remove and reinstall the hard drive.

2. If the recording function can’t be recovered, the hard drive may have a fault and may need to be replaced.

We hope this information will help you get the most out of your HomeBase 3.

Where you can find us :smile:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

119 Likes

How do you hook the 360 flood light camera camera to the expanded basexpanded base?

33 Likes

video archive
Question: once video backup is performed onto a USB storage drive, will I be able to view this backup of videos on my personal computer using a standard media player?

:Update: 06/03/2023
Well since @eufy_official hasn’t answered my question… I’ll answer it myself.

HomeBase stores all detected video recordings with secure encryption technology.

You can back up your footage by plugging in a USB stick via USB port 1 on the back of the HB3. The backup videos will be unencrypted & converted to MP4 format.

27 Likes

I believe that is coming in December

5 Likes

Why can’t I connect it to WiFi?

9 Likes

The HomeBase 3 doesn’t support Wi-Fi connection to your modem / router.
Only Ethernet cable connection. It is in the descriptions of the product page.
As to why they would cut out this feature beats me. Heck even ovens and refrigerators have Wi-Fi nowadays.

Wi-Fi is now supported*

7 Likes

Eufy, you have made many empty promises before regarding upcoming features or updates. Especially to HomeBase 2. I upgraded to HomeBase 3 because compatibility with Indoor/Outdoor cams was said to happen Oct 2022. Now it’s pushed back to November 2022. Are you actually going to deliver this time or just keep pushing the date back for your customers?

22 Likes

I agree, I feel like it is a very half baked product, where it isn’t fully developed to work with the entirety of their security system, especially some of the newer security products. It makes me feel worse about buying it becuase I can’t use it with my products.

19 Likes

I can’t get my video doorbell lock or my video dual camera doorbell to connect to home base 3 because of this. It keeps wanting to connect to the chime

4 Likes

Bought one and has added nothing to my system, assuming I have to pull all cameras down and pair with the base versus just detecting them. Half baked.

9 Likes

Well a bunch of cameras were suppose to be compatible with Hombase3 by October…3 hours left in Oct…you fell short again?

8 Likes

Eufy states the video door lock will be compatible sometime in November 2022.

Video dual camera doorbell is pending.

3 Likes

How do you get homebase 3 in Canada I tried but can find it

2 Likes

Thanks for info :smiley:

It’s been 10 days since I asked my question…
EDIT Now it’s over 3 months with no reply to my question…

2 Likes

:rofl: er :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Anyone know where I can purchase a 16TB 2.5 size hard drive for the HomeBase 3? The only ones I can find are 3.5 size which won’t fit the HB3.

6 Likes

I would love to! I had hoped maybe to win one with #nomonthlyfees but sadly there hasn’t been any winners announced and I don’t think I’ll be able to get one anytime soon

1 Like

Where is best place online to buy storage and what would you recommend ?

4 Likes

Don’t hold your breathe!

2 Likes