Solar Panel For Eufy Cameras

Any information on when this is coming to the UK? I need to get the ladder out and climb 4 metres to charge one of my cameras and I’d rather not be doing that too often.

This solar panel works very well.

They also have a 1 year winter update.

Any idea when it will be available for purchase in Australia?

2 Likes

They did I just bought one on amazon. looks like they are keeping it low key for some reason

1 Like

My Eufy solar panel arrived last night and installed it this morning before the sun came out. Install was very straight forward and as soon as I plugged it in my app showed it was charging. I proceeded to switch the power mode from battery to solar.

However, once I made the switch, the battery icon no longer showed that it was charging. I decided to leave it on solar mode to see if it’ll charge throughout the day. Unfortunately the battery depleted even more. It was when I switched to batter mode again for more than hour that it charged it by 1%.

I made sure the app, homebase 1, and Eufy Cam 1 was all updated. So that the firmware couldn’t have been the issue. Did anyone encounter this issue?

Has anyone got any updates on when these eufyCam Solar Panels will be coming to the U.K.?

Eufy are just very non commit all

1 Like

I’ve just checked on Amazon and it looks like you can purchase now https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-security-Solar-Panel-Eufycams/dp/B08L3NN3W2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=eufy+solar&qid=1611135577&sr=8-2

When available in France ?

1 Like

The solar panel charges great. Only issue I have experienced thus far is that in order to get it to start charging again I have to power the camera off then back on a few times. Is there going to be a fix for this. Today it didn’t charge at all until I did the power cycles

1 Like

Check out the link above available now on Amazon i order one yesterday

When available in Europe ? France or others country ?

1 Like

A couple issues I have had so far…
I had my camera shut off for a few days letting the solar panel fully charge the battery. You need direct sunlight to really charge the battery, cloudy days don’t charge as strong.
The other issue I have is the constant notification that the battery is fully charged. It would be nice to be able to disable the notification of a fully charged battery.

Do you set the power source of eufyCam to Solar Panel mode in App?
After that, eufyCam charging will be more efficient and protect the battery and no longer receive the notification of fully charged.

OK, finally eufy is marketing their Solar Panel in black, for continuous charging of their eufyCam 2 Pro 2K. Easy install, about 20 minutes. A note regarding the 1/4"x20 screw on the swivel mounting bracket…very solid connection for the panel size. Others reported weak, but screw and swivel assembly are aluminum, and sufficient to support the solar panel loads.

My skyview is only the SE quadrant, so I cannot receive any direct sun light from the SW quadrant. I’m at 42ºN, and the panel charged my cam +8%/day (44=>100%, 7 days). Very satisfied with a +8% avg. charge for a 1/2 day of direct sun light.

For those that need the full 13’ length of the micro-USB charging cable that comes with the eufy Panel, mine measured 12’-6", so be advised. eufy tech support said that a standard, commonly available USB cable will work as an extension cord.

Very satisfied with quality of install and product, but can’t comment on durability/longevity of product yet.

1 Like

I’ve had mine installed over a month now and it works great. Here in the Buffalo, NY area we see various weather conditions that can change daily and it’s held up so far. I’m glad this came out as my high traffic camera’s battery is always charged now and I don’t have to worry about taking the camera down anymore.

Has anyone got a recent update on when the solar panel chargers will be available? I’ve searched everywhere (Amazon, eBay, Wish, etc) and every seller is out of stock.
I really don’t want to use a 3rd party product and then have to silastic up the micro usb to make it waterproof.
@AnkerSupport @eufy

Best Buy had the black Eufy panel last week for $40.

Wasserstein is just as good, and cheaper, and the micro USB is waterproof.

Hi, I just got a reply from Eufy this morning after I asked them the same question, they stated it could be 5 to 6 weeks before they are back in stock. Keep your eyes on Amazon as they will be on sale there.

Hello All!

I’m wondering if there is a way to extend the USB cable from the solar panel. The 13-foot cable isn’t long enough for my needs. Is there an outdoor safe right angle micro USB cable extender? Also, Are there other mounting brackets that can hold the solar panel besides the one that came in the box? I wanna put my panel on my fence