Major Flaw - Delete Homebase data via camera

Damn, I just bought these. Now super worried.

6 Likes

Yea this is crazy I thought my house was “ secured” what a joke.

5 Likes

This is extremely worrying. I can’t believe not only do they refuse to fix this, they also now seem to claim it as a feature. Astonishing when this is something as crucial as home security. It’s totally thrown me off the brand. YIKES.

6 Likes

How do we get this reported and hyped in the mainstream tech media / social media? I think if it was reported widely the negative press and reaction would force them to fix it.

2 Likes

How did I not come upon this issue while researching these cams before I bought them. Still waiting for the system to come in the mail but I might just resend it all back. After a year of knowing about this issue and not caring enough to do anything about it. Shame on Eufy.

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, but they have been lucky so far that most people (ie owners of these cameras) have been forced into a predicament of not wanting it becoming widespread public knowledge.

But EUFY are working on borrowed time as more and more of us become disgruntled ex customers who feel let down and taken advantage of. It’s those customers that will begin to let the press and social media know, and when the story picks up wind as it does on social reviewing platforms it will have catasthropic unreversible effects for them in terms of sales.

The bottom line is this. If somebody can walk up to your house, take your camera delete all existense of this ever happening by the simple push of a button. Then be able to use or re-sell that camera on any other system it begs the question…

Are you actually enticing theives on to your property having these cameras installed, as appose to dettering them?

5 Likes

I’ve sent this forum link to a number of online bloggers/ youtube folks who have done stories on Eufy cameras. Some of those bloggers did cover the security bug that happened last year where someone else’s camera appeared in another users account - crickets???

2 Likes

Eufy support is one of the worst I have come across because they do not offer any help to customers comaints, I used to like and promote Eufy security products but after the problems caused by them to my 2c camera’s with a firmware update on 28/09/2021 causing motion detection issues would not promote Eufy antmore. They still have the cheek to offer us all these new camera’s and other products which probably has inherited the current issues without fixing existing issues so be aware and stay away from getting Eufy to monitor your security around the house and rather buy anorher manufacturers security system.

2 Likes

Wow. Not checked back here for a while but still no change I see. :roll_eyes:

A quick search on YouTube and this is the only video I can find highlighting the problem. The language on the app is also in Dutch, so it’s even less likely to reach a wider audience…

I returned mine ages ago, but surely someone on this thread with a Eufycam can knock up a similar minute long video to this one, post a link in this thread and everyone can start sharing it? It’s not an issue for those lucky enough to have been able to return their equipment, but it appears as though there are still lots of people stuck with this issue.

Kudos to @preset for persevering with this, and keeping everyone informed :+1:

5 Likes

If this wont change, im not buying more devices, rven when power shuts down of the cam. Video’s cant be played.

1 Like

Ahh fik!! I just ordered this, definitely sending back for a refund. And not going with a Eufy product in future, this is a ridiculous design flaw

1 Like

Does this apply to the 2k battery doorbell as well?
I had to reset it via the sync button and after re-adding it, all footage was still present.

Homebase 2 firmware: 2.1.8.5h
Doorbell firmware: 2.2.3.3

Can anyone recommend a better camera that has almost the same features as the Eufy 2c pro without this flaw (and not using a subscription service)?

2 Likes

Bump for the new folks who haven’t heard about this

3 Likes

Just bought two 2G cameras, according to this feed, returns…

1 Like

I ended up going for a Reolink system with NVR in the end. Not as easy to set up as the Eufy, nor is there 2 way audio, but hey, I can catch bad guys stealing stuff…

After the initial hassle of setting it up (wired system, so was a pain) I haven’t had one single problem, so I’m pleased with the decision. I’d definitely recommend them :+1:

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Another affiliate link?

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.