[Let's Talk!] If someone knocks at night or at an odd hour, what would you do?

i would check my eufy cameras

I would check the video.
I have a small porthole window in my front door plus a security door and porch space between both doors.
I feel fairly safe being 3m (10’) from anyone knocking.

I would not answer until I have visible signs from the great @eufy_official camera monitoring system I have purchased that I wouldn’t know what I would do if I didn’t have it at my home #howdidilivewithouteufy

What if it’s a TRAP!

I would ONLY answer through the app, I’d never go t the door at odd hours

I would check my Front Cam 2 Pro first while moving. If unsure as to identity, I would go to the door, strapped. I will assist in any way possible without opening the door. It would be likely that police are needed so after the Cam 2 Pro I dial 911.

1 Like

I would look at my phone to see who it might be , if it’s someone I know I would answer it, if not I wouldn’t answer

You don’t need no firearms you need a chill pill

Nope! NOT answering. Too many demons roaming around these days.

1 Like

Had this happen to me at 2am one morning. I grabbed my 9mm and did a brass check, threw on some shorts and checked my door. Opened the door with my firearm at the low ready and saw it was my neighbor. They had just bought the house and attempting to do some plumbing repairs. They broke an old valve and started flooding their new house.
I tucked my pistol and put on some flip flops, and turned off their main. They didnt knkw where it was.

moral of the story, yes, 98% of the time a 1 or 2am door knock is trouble. Theres the rare occasion that its someone in distress
:grinning:

2 Likes

What? Seriously? Absolutely NO reason to open the door to a complete stranger who has made their way up and onto my front porch in the dead of night…however, I have the luxury and peace of mind that comes from having 24/7/365 video surveillance (via wired 2K doorbell & multiple 2K PTZ Eufy cams) covering the entire front, back & both sides of my home, including the street, sidewalks and alleyway…thus I would not hesitate to engage the uninvited individual remotely using the native 2-way voice communication feature that works in conjunction with simultaneous live video streaming & capture capability in order to determine WHO THEY ARE & WHY THEY ARE AT MY FRONT DOOR–and to issue further timely instructions as needed to reorient them away from my property prior to confrontation.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to stop my neighbor from turning of my camera with his jammer

I always check my video doorbell first. I always talk through the doorbell before I do anything. If they need help I would call 911.

Well I have two loud dogs so that’s a deterrent and secondly have glass . Screen door my front door is metal either way they’re locked and I always ask who is it and we can easily see them… It ain’t nobody I know I have a plan or 2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I would check my Eufy and call out thru speaker if looks like lost in need of help. I’call 911 if were mire than one acting nervous , i didn’t know,and looked like up to no goid with a backpack or searching around to see if anyine was watching . I’d probably set iff alarm if were nade to feel unsafe

100% answer. Ain’t no one trying to get into my house. All bad …. :rofl:

Eufy needs to start making these in robot form!

Definitely grabbing the Saiga12 and telling them to leave and I’ll be happy to call the police for them if it is an emergency.

I don’t even answer the door during the day, I’m definitely not answering it at night! :rofl: I always check to see who it is & what they’re doing. Probably not going to talk either. I’ve taught my kids “ninja mode” & we have a sign if they need to go to the safe spot while I grab my firearm & call for help if needed.

1 Like

Horrifying comments.