Important Update on HomeBase 3 Compatibility

Hey eufy fans,

We noticed that some of our community members have been eagerly awaiting the full compatibility plan for HomeBase 3. We want to be transparent with you and let you know that achieving full compatibility between HomeBase 3 and eufy Security legacy devices has been a tremendous challenge. When we commit to making our devices work with HomeBase 3, we expect those devices to work well together and provide the best possible user experience.

On that note, we have some great news to share. Our Video Smart Lock is now fully compatible with HomeBase 3, and several legacy eufy Security devices, including our Indoor Cam and Outdoor Cam lineups, are now able to take advantage of HomeBase 3’s expandable memory.

We have updated the schedule of HomeBase 3 compatibility, which you can find here. We will continue to update this schedule as more eufy Security devices gain compatibility.

We appreciate your patience and enthusiasm for eufy Security. We are committed to providing you with the best products and user experience possible, and we thank you for your continued support.

Stay safe,

The eufy Security Team

40 Likes

Great news. Does this mean we can add the video smart lock to the HB3. Do we need the bridge and chime anymore. What is the process to add to HB3

9 Likes

My video doorbell dual(battery) will not connect to Homebase3.

11 Likes

Great news👍🏼. I connected my indoor cam to the home base 3, great for storage! but why is it not possible to use automation too?

8 Likes

Auf deutsch übersetzen

3 Likes

Hey eufy fans,
We noticed that some of our community members have been eagerly awaiting the full compatibility plan for HomeBase 3. We want to be transparent with you and let you know that achieving full compatibility between HomeBase 3 and eufy Security legacy devices has been a tremendous challenge. When we commit to making our devices work with HomeBase 3, we expect those devices to work well together and provide the best possible user experience.
On that note, we have some great news to share. Our Video Smart Lock is now fully compatible with HomeBase 3, and several legacy eufy Security devices, including our Indoor Cam and Outdoor Cam lineups, are now able to take advantage of HomeBase 3’s expandable memory.
We have updated the schedule of HomeBase 3 compatibility, which you can find here. We will continue to update this schedule as more eufy Security devices gain compatibility.
We appreciate your patience and enthusiasm for eufy Security. We are committed to providing you with the best products and user experience possible, and we thank you for your continued support.
Stay safe,
The eufy Security Team

6 Likes

Bei meiner doorbell keine Anzeige der homebase 3

1 Like

Very annoyed that I did not see mention when buying my cameras that what I was buying would not be able to integrate with the HomeBase system (and also, WHY PROMOTE THE CONCEPT OF AI/BIONIC MIND IF YOU KNOW THE WIRED DOORBELL WILL NEVER HAVE IT?!?!)

Each product page promoted the idea that everything could be tied in to the “Eufy ecosystem”, but I’ve had my wired doorbell, floodlight camera (that constantly goes offline) and HomeBase3 for about 3 months now, and the homebase might as well be a paperweight - I can’t store videos to it, and the AI/Face recognition doesn’t work with the doorbell or the floodlight cam.

Eufy ecosystem? Not even close…

15 Likes

Hello. I received the Home Base 3 firmware V3.1.9.5 (perhaps Beta) on the 9th May 2023.

Video Doorbell Dual (Battery) works well :blush:

2 Likes

My EufySecurity 2K stand alone, wire-free camera need to be connected to the app, but I have problem connecting. Need help. :rofl:

2 Likes

I will never trust these camera again! I have 3 of them and a friend who parked in front of my house had Thier car stolen! And the camera didn’t pick up nothing! The camera Literally only picked up our reaction to us walking out looking for the car seeing that it was gone! I have the settings set to high motion! Im getting rid of this companies cameras!

10 Likes

It connected without problems for me… dit you remove it from the homebase 2? That’s the way i did it and the connection with homebase 3 was done within seconds

1 Like

My doorbell 2k T8210 is not connect to HB3. Help!

1 Like

Hello Eufy Team,

1. When will it be possible to switch all devices to a common security mode via the HB 3 and not switch each individual device such as FloodlightCam or FloodlightCam pro separately?

It is very annoying to change the security modes for each individual device every evening.
We have the HomeBase 3 with 5 EufyCams, 2 FloodlightCam and 1 FloodlightCam pro!

1. are there any ideas regarding the development of an external alarm siren (similar to Bosch)? :grimacing:

1 Like

Any idea when HomeKit support might be added to the Homebase 3? I bought 2 of these when they were first released and they are still sitting in the closet since they are basically unusable for me. My whole “eufy ecosystem” on Homebase 2 (not to mention my entire house) is already a integrated with HomeKit so it’s very disappointing to see this functionality is still not possible with the new Homebase 3. Also equally frustrating, is that this shortcoming was not conveyed when Homebase 3 was first released, or I never would have purchased two of them. We are spending good money on these products and the new versions should at least be able to support the functionality that the old ones have.

A migration path/process would also be appreciated, since I have 7 cameras connected to two Homebase 2’s, and will unfortunately have to go take down every camera if I want to pair it with the Homebase 3. This makes no sense whatsoever. Not sure who on you senior leadership team signed off on Homebase 3 when it went GA, but pretty much an epic failure in my humble opinion.
-svs

9 Likes

Alguien sabe cómo hacer que las cámaras graben más de 120 segundos ?

when is the new base going to be compatible with HomeKit?

6 Likes

What happened to the smart storage? It’s not listed anymore?

I’m in a similar situation here. My Smart Home is fully functioning with Apple HomeKit. And wont be ‘upgrading’ to HB3 until HK compatibility arrives. If it ever does.

2 Likes

Entras a cada dispositivo donde dice Configuración > Gerente de energía > Personalizada. Creo que ahí puedes decirle que grabe hasta dos minutos

2 Likes