Important Update on HomeBase 3 Compatibility

Www.Google.com is the best

And record following an known person.

:sweat_smile: 4 :rofl: n

Indoor camera 2K doesn’t work properly with HB3. You can connect it but…
The recordings on the HB3 don’t have the 3 second pre-record.
The recordings don’t match the thumbnails, maybe it’s to do with not having the pre record?
Recordings are split up weird durations, 5 second records and then when you play them they are longer or shorter. No idea what’s happening with the records, so have switched off the HB3 storage connection as the recordings don’t work and cannot be relied upon.
When will this be fixed?
Will the connected internal cameras ever use the AI Bonics of the HB3, as of now they don’t. Again I thought all connected cameras would benefit from the HB3 AI features. If not, maybe you need to reword your marketing to make it clear you won’t get the features.

All in all, the so called internal camera integration does not work at all. Can this be fixed with a firmware update? If so, when?

1 Like

Hi @Cumbee @srg @Thi ,

Please check the Compatibility Schedule first to see whether your devices can connect to HomeBase 3 or not.

And hope the following FAQ can help you:

1. How to set up HomeBase 3 in the eufy Security App?
  2. How to connect the batteryCam to HomeBase 3?
  3. How to connect the outdoor/indoor Cam to HomeBase 3?
  4. How to connect the battery doorbell to HomeBase 3?

Any other problems or immediate assistance, please contact support@eufy.com for customer service.

Hi @mar2008 ,

1. When will it be possible to switch all devices to a common security mode via the HB 3 and not switch each individual device such as FloodlightCam or FloodlightCam pro separately?

We are working on it and hopefully getting it done by 2023 Q4.

1. are there any ideas regarding the development of an external alarm siren (similar to Bosch)? :grimacing:

We noticed that our community has been following it. Please keep an eye for further announcements. :smiley:

Maybe the distance to the car from your camera is too far. The maximum distance is 8 to 10 meters for detecting movement. I have just one camera on my garage and it detects anyone walking past my driveway but the distance is within the 10 metre capacity of range detection. If your friends car parked on the road is further than 10 metres from where your camera is, It won’t detect movement but if you can definitely say it was under 10 metres from your camera then maybe you just have a defective camera. Did you setup an activity zone on the eufy app for your camera as that can help also.

What’s the compatibility status of the Smart Drop? That was on the list, and now it’s not?

Hi, just wanting to check if the Solo S40 is now compatible with Homebase 3? The site says it should be compatible mid June?

Waiting for the wired doorbell pro dual to be compatible. Confused that the battery powered one is already compatible but wired isn’t

2 Likes

so now you have time to fix some issues from the ‘problems megathread’ ?

Apparently the homebase3 downgrades the video quality of the “Cam pro 2k floodlight” from 2k resolution to 1080p resolution?

Why is this the case? What’s the point of even buying the homebase3 if it makes the product you’re connecting to worse?

1 Like

Where did you get that information?

a couple of users on reddit made a post about it

From what I can see, SmartDrop has been removed from any future compatability upgrades. I was forced to incorporate my older Homebase 2 and connect SmartDrop to that device in order to record access and traffic.

1 Like

I’m not happy with the delay. Bought multiple camera’s that now do not work with my homebase3.

Sound like all that is upgrading from home base 2 to home base 3 should disconnect their devices from home base 2 first. Also, I read there is no way to backup configuration. Be prepared to reconfigure any setting like automation etc. Last, make sure all devices has latest firmware.

Have a good day.

From my experience the 2K battery doorbell is not 100% compatible with HB3. It will attach to the system ok, but in short period of time it fails to detect motion nor sends notifications. Tech support was quick to send me another one, but it did the same. So then I suspected HB3 firmware not Doorbell hardware. I deleted the doorbell. Turned off all AI and went to any ‘any motions’. Added the doorbell back with no AI enabled. Reset the HB3 and the doorbell is working for now. My guess is the new AI algorithms of the SB3 cannot work reliably with legacy equipment, so disabling the AI seems to help.

ich kann das nicht lesen

Even the compatibility list states, that a connection between Homebase 3 and Solocam S40 is possible, I cannot connect the cam to the homebase…according to the app, an update for the S40 is required.
The latest firmware for both are installed!

Am I doing something wrong?

5 Likes