Get a New Upgrade of S380 HomeBase

I have had success with a standard repeater/booster, and connecting the camera to that repeater, which is in turn connected to the main router where the homebase is hardlined. It works fine and has extended my range on that camera to 150 ft from the homebase, through a house wall and two cinder block garage walls to the alley where the camera is.

1 Like

You can migrate the caneras to the new homebase by creating a new “home” and moving those cameras to the new home.
There is an article on the support page on how to do this.

You better address the security issues discussed in The Verge article, ASAP

I bought my home base based on the info you provided that my flood light came will be compatible in December of 2022. Now you changed it to March 2023… on top of that now it comes to light that you have security vulnerabilities that can allow someone to view your camera stream when the whole reason I bought your camera in the first place was that you ADVERTISE that everything is stored local if not using your cloud service.

2 Likes

Omg I bought these cameras specifically because they were local storage/privacy focused.
after researching I finally pulled the trigger and spent a significant amount of money on their top tier offering, just to now read this verge article.

Wondering the same thing.

Any way to get my money back since you lied about not using the cloud?

1 Like

Does this resolve the recent security issues seen in the news? When will P24 indoor get added to Home base?

Awesome! Good work! :grinning:

Shame on you for taking our private data. I paid for the product, why do you need my footage? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Disappointed to learn about cloud storage. This needs to be corrected immediately.
Also, you not to clearly communicate that HomeBase 3 doesn’t ship with Wi-Fi connectivity and HomeKit. If I had known this, I would never have downgraded from HomeBase2

You really should do your research before being so confident. Just Google Eufy and check out the news. We’ve been lied to.

I no longer trust your ecosystem, but I have a significant investment in 4k s300 and s330 cameras— please enable full resolution 24/7 streaming when connected to power so I can use them with a 3rd party NVR. Thanks.

Firstly tuc, I was asking a serious question, because I had not heard the news from a week ago. Thank you Robnyr for actually sharing the article. This is obviously an issue and a true security in my opinion, but I feel like people might be panicking a bit but maybe that’s just me. I’m not an Anker/Eufy fanboy, but companies do make mistakes and have bugs in their security protocols. I just don’t like the fact that they are lying to us about accessing the internet at all. I truly hope that Anker/Eufy will take this seriously and provide some firmware updates immediately and truly fix their backend so that there is no communication back and forth to any servers or Eufy. I did see a request in my app yesterday to update my firmware on my Homebase 3 immediately before using, but I’m not using my Homebase 3 yet because it does not support my devices just yet. I’m wondering if that is to address this particular security concern.

I would highly suggest those that did buy the new 4K cams with Homebase 3 to update your firmware immediately and then reach out to Wasabi on his twitter account and see if he could help you out and see if he can access your cams from outside your home network using VLC.

For now I’m not going to freak out just yet because it seems the devices have to be awake to be streaming, as well as someone has to literally have access to your specific serial number. We’ll have to wait a see how they handle this to determine for myself whether I stay with them or not.

1 Like

Anything regarding the fact you can remove a cabers a delete all its recordings by simply pressing and holding the camera button

Dropping it after the recent security vulnerabilities discovery. It’s basically false advertisement and lies.

I purchased it as an upgrade for my HomeBase 2 and it doesn’t work for not a single device I own. (Dual camera doorbell, Dropbox, or 360 floodlight cam) when will anything I own be supported?

This has me absolutely baffled too! Why not use my existing wifi that already has wireless links to various out houses, multiple access points etc. I’m going to have to return all the Eufy gear as it depends on the Homebase only for wifi which isn’t viable for me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What. The. Actual. Fark!!?

How do you connect the cameras to the booster when the Homebase is connected to one’s network via Ethernet & the cameras connected to homebase? Also, what kind or brand repeater are you using? Thanks