Get a New Upgrade of S380 HomeBase

S380 HomeBase(HomeBase 3) has been released for over two months, and many eufyfans have shared with us a lot of valuable suggestions and expectations on HomeBase 3. And currently, we are doing our best to create a better home security experience.

Here are some new upgrades to HomeBase 3.

Before setting up HomeBase 3, please update your eufy Security app and HomeBase 3 firmware to the latest versions.

Latest App Version

iOS: v4.5.0

Android: v4.4.8

Latest Firmware Version

HomeBase 3 v3.1.1.9

eufyCam 3/3C v3.2.0.1

Eufy Security Devices to Be Compatible With S380 HomeBase(HomeBase 3)

HomeBase 3 supports the eufyCam series, sensors, and battery doorbell now.

• IndoorCam series will be available in December 2022. The models are T8400\T8401\T8410\T8411.

• Battery Doorbell Dual T8213 will be available in January 2023.

For more details and time schedule, please check HERE .

Enhancement on Storage Ability

HomeBase 3 offers build-in 16GB storage, and it supports SATA 2.5’’ HDD/SSD storage expansion, up to 16TB.

• Optimized the compatibility of different brands of hard drive, which recommend using known brands with a good reputation, such as Seagate, Western Digital, and Samsung.

• Improved the event recording experience.

• You can experience a 24/7 continuous recording after connecting your indoorCam to HomeBase 3, which is available in December 2022.

For more details about the storage, please check HERE.

Advanced Privacy of eufyCam

Recordings are encrypted with RSA 1024 and AES 128 combined encryption before being sent to HomeBase 3.

• Currently, you are only allowed to remove the S330/S300 eufyCam(eufyCam 3/3C) from HomeBase 3 by using the eufySecurity App, rather than pressing the camera’s SYNC button for 10

AI Detection Optimization

BionicMind™ detection can detect humans, vehicles, and pets, recognize persons, and self-learning.

• Optimized the accuracy of human, vehicle, pet detection, which avoids some false detection of garbage cans, branches and so on.

• Improved Human Recognition by adjusting and optimizing the models and self-learning algorithm.

• Optimized vehicle detection of HomeBase, the parking car will no longer trigger recording (works with eufyCam E and eufyCam 2/2C/2 Pro/2C Pro). It will be released in December 2022.

About connection

Currently, HomeBase 3 supports pairing with up to 16 cameras and 34 sensors.

• Strengthen the connection between devices and Homebase, making the outflow of cameras more stable.

• The repeater function is in beta test and will be released in December 2022.

About Homekit

• We are co-developing the homekit function of Homebase3 with Apple. Any updates will let you know! Please look forward to it.

About System Stability

• Solved some running bugs, crashing issues of HomeBase 3 and eufyCam 3/3C.

eufy Security Team

7 Likes

Some of the cameras are too far from the homebase, the suggestion is to move camera towards the home base which defeats the whole purpose, the camera needs to be where it needs to be. Buying another homebase and spending that much just to extend the range is quite unreasonable. Why don’t the cameras connect to the wifi instead? Or are you planning to release some sort of wireless homebase repeaters?

12 Likes

Keep up the good work!
Could you allow Floodlights to be controlled through Homebase 3 as well as allow it to record to the Homebase 3 hardrive in a future update?
Also. Do you have plans for a backup battery for Homebase 3?

1 Like

I’m new here. How can I upgrade Homebase?

How are you addressing the fact that it is come to light that you do not keep things locally stored but in fact lie and upload things to the cloud ?

10 Likes

What will you be doing about the fact that videos and photos are not stored locally like you claimed?

7 Likes

Devices meant to be compatible in November have been pushed back even further. Good work.

1 Like

Blatantly lying to your customers about where their data is sent/stored is a serious breach of ethics and will lead to a massive loss of consumer trust if not addressed. The ball is in your court, Eufy. What will you do?

3 Likes

We want answers. You lied to customers and failed to implement basic security protocols. Returning this garbage.

6 Likes

Where was it said that was in the cloud? Only thing I heard is anyone can hit the sync button which removes the camera and its video from your system.

It said it in the notes above that they are making a repeater for HB.

The only way I know how is to add the device then it will search for the update automatically.

Just waiting for that battery dual doorbell to be compatible with the homebase 3 

4 Likes

I want the a ability to mute a home’s notifications but just for me and not everyone in the home. No notifications unless its an alarm. I set up both of my parents security systems and it is frustrating trying to ignore there’s while keeping an eye on mine.

It would be nice if you could change from the home base 2 to 3 without having to take the cameras all down And reinstall them to the home base 3 For people like me that are in wheelchairs I can’t climb ladders to get to the thing So I asked to please install software that will allow you to transition from one home base to another with Ease. Also another thing if you’re having trouble with the new base3 get a 100ft cat8 Ethernet cable You can move around your base 3 To get the best location for your base and camera to connect

I’m curious to know why you think data is in the cloud and not stored locally? Did you subscribe to their security program? If so then yes that data is stored in the cloud. If not then I can tell you that the cameras and homebase 2 and 3 are stored locally.

Wwhat happened with the eufy floodlight cam 2 pro was no longer in December, that’s a shame

1 Like

Sooo missing the support of the doorbell pro dual. Still not able to use it. :frowning: beside that hope next update is really focus on privacy all the new around this is not so good. Still in thinking to remove it all due to the privacy problems

Anker/Eufy seem to be going downhill fast. Same old story, the focus on bottomline profit has them cutting corners, taking shortcuts, and shafting their customer base. A very shortsighted strategy.