Geofencing with schedule

This will never happen - Eufy = Rubbish

1 Like

Out of curiosity - when you emailed support was it about geofencing not working at all, or about adding the geofencing + schedule feature?

1 Like

I just emailed support@eufylife.com requesting “the ability to have my system switch to Away when I leave the perimeter of my residence (geofencing) as well as turn on at night when I am sleeping (via a schedule).” I work for a tech company and I agree with the user above that the only way to get movement on this is if more support tickets are filed requesting the feature.

2 Likes

Really would like to have this feature! Please update eufy on your progress after almost 3 yrs of starting this thread :wink:

1 Like

Agree this should be a feature. I’ve lodged an email with support@eufylife.com

1 Like

Eufy is rubbish, one giant hole to peek for hackers, even Linus tech is dropping them as sponser , Check this out still waiting for two years for this function. Switched from Arlo but still missing this

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just switched from Arlo, where I had the ability for Geofencing plus schedule together, which made my life really easy. My Arlo system was six years old and had that capability. Now, I just bought a Eufy camera system for my house and doorbell and I can’t make them function with that capability of that mode.

1 Like

I’ve also been waiting for years for geofencing and schedule to be combined. First I had Eufycam pro 2K, then they said they were working on it. Now I have 4 pieces of Eufycam 3 (the ones with solar cells) and they say they are working on it too.
If I would work like this, I would have lost my job long ago.
Currently, I actively advise everyone not to buy any camera from eufy - mainly against the background of empty promises.

1 Like

I can only appeal to everyone: please bug the manufacturer intensively with your requests and maybe something will happen.

1 Like

I have sent in my 2nd complaint…see what happens :pensive:

1 Like

I got the same reply from my first ticket. I have now opened a 2nd one… See what happens

1 Like

Also sent a ticket this morning. Such an easy concept to add you would think… and could put their product over the top. I will continue to send often and request a response until completed. I see this post has over 12000 views (hopefully all Eufy users that are looking for the same feature), but only 171 responses in here. If you guys are reading this and an Eufy user, please send a quick note requesting it to support@eufylife.com and continue to push for the update.

2 Likes

Hello!
A good working solution is the ioBroker. Here I managed to combine geofencing with schedule and also twilight.

So my tip: install ioBroker on a Raspberry Pi or a NAS.

1 Like

+1 I’d really like to see this option available.

1 Like

hello,
thanks for your work,
it’s possible to get it from you
and use it as it is,
or must I write my own one,
I’d nether worked with macrodroid,
thank you and HAPPY EASTER,
Lars

1 Like

I installed Macrodroid and attempted writing a macro to switch between Home and Geofence. It switches to Home ok, but not to Geofence. When i interrogated the macro I found that the UI Interaction address for the Geofence button was the same as the Home button. I can’t see how to differentiate between the two. I also tried using coordinates but that failed too. Any ideas?

1 Like

I’ve just emailed eufy the same development request. This would be a great feature. My only other hope is that Google Home app can be scheduled to switch between eufy security modes. Has anyone explored this idea?

1 Like

Discovering like everyone else this essential configuration is missing coming from arlo.

Have emailed support as well.

Maybe with enough requests it might get a product owners attention.

2 Likes

First response will be automated. Make sure you reply and ask for further assistance.

My response was a ticket for the product engineers. Keep up the email requests to ensure this fills up the product backlog!

2 Likes

Hard to imagine this functionality isn’t available! Coming from Arlo and made the mistake of assuming this was already in the app. Not off to the best start!

1 Like