Geofencing with schedule

Hello,
Is it possible connect schedule with geofencing mode?

Example if I am at home (mode autimatic turn to home mode, where I disable recording), but if I go to bed and in the night will be going thief, I will not find record, but I am at home.

Is it possible incorporate schedule to geofencing mode?

Thank you Peter

95 Likes

Thank you for reaching out.

For the Geofencing x Schedule feature, we sincerely sorry to let you know it won’t be supported in the short term.

We totally understand that our product is not perfect. You have our promise that our engineers would work day and night to improve this product and we are glad to have your support and understanding, which would be a huge encouragement for us to seeking continuous improvement.

We will consider the possibility of future development. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

​Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day.

3 Likes

I also would like to see this feature added. For me it is the most important upgrade to the software. The Arlo cameras have this feature and it works great. Right now I have to manually turn the Eufy cameras off when I am at home during the day and turn them back on at night.

28 Likes
28 Likes

I do have the same wish! Schudeled and geocaching!!
Can you give us a change-number? Sonwe know it is a known wish of us?

12 Likes

Please add my desire for this feature, too. Its a pain to have to remember to switch modes or get countless alerts when working around the house.

11 Likes

@AnkerSupport this is something that needs to be done!! We need the schedule and geofencing to work together. Geofencing is one of the reason I bought camera from Eufy.

11 Likes

Agreed. This should be a feature out of the box. Eufy is a good product, but not the least expensive product

7 Likes

Thank you for your good suggestion. Since the combination of Geofencing and Schedule will affect the basic recording logic of the camera, we are still finetuning this function, which is expected to be supported before Q4 2020.
If there is new progress, we will post an announcement in this forum, so stay tuned.

20 Likes

Great to ear it’s in the pipeline ! This would definitely be the number 1 function I would want next. It would combine the best of both world.

3 Likes

Great to hear! Is there a public roadmap?

4 Likes

Yes please add geofencing mode to schedule. Geofencing during the day. Home mode at night. This is my desire.

8 Likes

I’ve only had eufy cam for 2 days and it crossed my mind that ideally the geofencing should allow to select a scheduled mode.

4 Likes

Yes please add this! I’m switching from Canary and this is a key feature for me…need the camera to record/detect motion when I’m asleep

4 Likes

This is one of the most important features.

But also:

• widgets on android / iOS to switch modes faster
  • change modes on multiple Homebases with ONE keypad (maybe through a virtual mother Homebase?!)
  • support for nfc tags to switch modes more easily when leaving the house.
5 Likes

Yes please to the Geofencing switching to schedule when home. Seems and obvious option that disarm when home but arm to schedule at night without having to manually switch.

8 Likes

I would also love this feature. At the moment, we have to manually switch modes. Because of this, I always keep all alerts and recording turned on, so that I don’t miss anything if I accidentally forget to switch modes. Of course, this means that I’m recording motion detected during the daytime whilst I’m at home, and using my cameras battery life unnecessarily :(.

Please add this feature, it would be a huge benefit to me and many others! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And I added me to this wishlist too! This combination would bring my security at home to a new level!! I hate to delete many videos of my kids playing in the backyard during to day when I am at home but during the night I am afraid to miss the person who is running through my yard.

6 Likes

Haha!! Day 1 of ownership, same question!! Great image quality, ease of setup is great. Very happy. But for all the reasons above, need to have geofence + the ability to record at night when gone to bed.

It’s well into Q4 2020.

7 Likes

1+ this feature.

I’m glad to hear that it’s in the dev pipeline

It’s great to see that Anker / Eufy are actively working on the camera and it’s software. I’m very impressed with the indoor cam and it’s feature set.

5 Likes