Geofencing with schedule

Geofencing is not working for me since 2 years and scheduling this feature as wanted in this thread will not be implemented since 2 years? What a useless camera system!! I bought a lot of eufy stuff and now it’s time to go for a competitor and throw away all this buggy eufy equipment…

1 Like

HomeKit cannot do it because the eufy app cannot switch geofencing home/away. My whole system is rubbish because of this missing features, that are absolutely basics in the year 2023!

2 Likes

Homekit alone actually can’t do that. I use a combination of HomeKit, Homebridge and ioBroker with the Eufy security adapter. This works wonderfully, although it is of course not the most elegant solution. However, the EuSec adapter in ioBroker offers significantly more possibilities.

2 Likes

I know this aventurely setups but it’s not supposed to be so. Even with my eufy security app geofencing is not working and this is a known issue since years.

1 Like

That is EXACTLY what is needed! - Plus getting Geofence to actually work reliably (almost every time it triggers when leave the zone but does not trigger on return! - meaning lots of alarms etc when we arrive home!!

1 Like

Please finally combine scheduling + geofencing!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for Geofencing with Schedule for over a year now, is there a better way to make our voices heard by the Eufy devs?

1 Like

It’s been about 3 years of asking for this feature. Any updates?

1 Like

I think they’re employed by Pfizer. Don’t want to answer the hard questions. :unamused:

1 Like

Is this seriously not implemented yet!? How difficult can it be!

Your AI chatbot isn’t winning any awards as it seems to think you can with steps that get you nowhere. Very disappointing Eufy.

1 Like

More than 3 years people are waiting for a solution by eufy for an essential functionality that all competition has. Why is eufy not doing the least effort to add this functionality? Are they technically uncapable? Is there software team so weak that they cannot acchieve to program this? They should be ashamed. In 2020 eufy still did the effort to promise, not they do not even react.
Is this seriously not implemented yet!? How difficult can it be?

2 Likes

I’ve had the system for less than one day and already now I find out that a crucial feature is missing, really???

1 Like

I too am extremely disappointed to find that Eufy doesn’t support this or explain why they don’t. It would take min to enable the ability for schedule to be selected. Really a shame they havn’t listened to their customers in this one.

1 Like

Where is Eufy at with updating their software to manage this

HIGH

priority feature. Would someone at Eufy please respond to their paying customers!

2 Likes

31 March 2024, and still waiting for this easy fix which was supposed to be implemented Q4 2020. Pretty worrying that this cant be implemented and peoples concerns ignored. Wish i purchased an Arlo instead Lol

I made a formal enquiry about it and got this response:

“Thank you for contacting Eufy.
Sorry to tell you that currently, it doesn’t support the schedule the Geofencing.
Hope you can kindly understand.
Have a good day”

Because I didn’t accept this response it was escalated to management.
I then got this reply:

“Thank you for the reply.
This is Shane from Eufy.
I am the supervisor here.
I understand your feeling.
We received some suggestions for adding the Geofencing to the schedule.
I have reported your suggestion to our engineer again and they will consider it.
But currently, we can not promise you anything.
Hope you can kindly understand.
Have a good day”

I somehow think that this will go absolutely nowhere and that there is no intention to address the issue.
Don’t hold your breath guys.