Geofencing with schedule

Adding +1 to this feature.

2 Likes

May I ask you to describe how this can be configured?

I am frustrated with the unavailable features of Eufy and you have now given me hope that there is an alternative. I happen to Apple users and can rely on Apple Home.

2 Likes

It might be worth speaking with your local burglar, ask them to break in when youā€™re away only. That way you can pop geo-fencing on and not worry about a break in at night for example

2 Likes

Just bought a few Cameras and I canā€™t believe this is not a feature, like seriously? Oh well, Iā€™ll be refunding them. Lost a customer. What kind Of joke of a company are you that you canā€™t implement this critical feature.

3 Likes

This feature would have been greatā€¦ but seems like they donā€™t care.
and using Apple homekit, you need 2 homebases up and runningā€¦ Thatā€™s even more inconvenient.

@Mengdi @AnkerSupport

People would have a lot more trust in you guys, if you would give an update on this theme.

2 Likes

I bought the doorbell and cameras yesterday and now Iā€™m trying to program them. Iā€™m surprised to find out thatā€™s not possible to use geofencing in combination with the schedule. For me it seems logic that everyone would like to use it that way. You want the cameras on when youā€™re away and when youā€™re sleeping. How else would I be able tp program that? Please can you give me an update of when you expect to have this available?

6 Likes

Any update on this? Right now I have an Alexa reminder in place to notify me to set my cameras to away when I leave. Doing this manually just becomes a headache.

2 Likes

I just bought them because Iā€™m living alone, and realised last night that since Iā€™m ā€˜homeā€™ in the Geofencing mode, it wonā€™t tell me if someoneā€™s at my front door at 1am. Thatā€™s a serious issue, and needs to be fixed. I just bought these and Iā€™ll have to consider getting a refund if this mode isnā€™t implemented.

2 Likes

I owned my cameras for 15 minutes before I realised that I wanted and needed this feature. This would take all of the manual intervention away from controlling the security mode. Itā€™s a must have, and surely canā€™t be that difficult to implement.

3 Likes

It surprises me that they still havenā€™t figured this out. You can schedule between home, away, and custom settings why not just have it able to swap to the geofencing option as well? There are several threads on this topic over the last year + yet they still donā€™t seam to want to implement this feature. I really wished I had done better research before buying mine months ago since eufy doesnā€™t seam to be honest about trying to implement features so widely called for (that other companies also seam to have no problem with).

2 Likes

Itā€™s amazing this feature is not available. But itā€™s even more amazing that thereā€™s no response by @eufy in this thread at all. Whether itā€™s coming or not, should be answered.

2 Likes

I am also so frustrated with eufy. They seem to be more interested in developing new products instead of fixing the most basic and required feature of a security camera. I refuse to buy anymore if their products until this problem is fixed.

1 Like

new eufy user and old arlo user, itā€™s a surprise that EUFY doesnā€™t support this basic feature. And looks like itā€™s 2 years now and itā€™s still under ā€˜developmentā€™

Iā€™m thinking to return all my Eufy devicesā€¦ read through the forum, look like Eufy support is very bad, canā€™t beat Arlo at allā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, please add this to next update!

Maybe I would have been able to set off the alarm to scared the burglary. Had someone on my property the other night and he got away with a few items. He even came back 10 min later to see if my garage door was unlocked (glad it was locked).

1 Like

Is er al een update.
Ik ben ook erover na het denken om alles terug te sturen en op forums duidelijk aan te geven dat Eufy de combinatie niet lijkt te willen ondersteunen.
Erg jammer als er niet op korte termijn een update komt.

2 Likes

Just bought the cams and doorbell and itā€™s a friggin surprise that this is not possible to me, came from older Arlo models but this is a serious reconsideration as it hampers the security at nightā€¦ hope anker can add such a basic feaututr maybe even to automation

2 Likes

haha I didnā€™t even google this before buying because I though this was a standard feature

2 Likes

When is this feature being added??? I googled this with original question a couple of years ago, saying the feature is in the works for Q4 2020. Itā€™s nearly 2022!! Cā€™mon eufy, this is such a basic option. When will this be added??

6 Likes

Please add geofencing to the schedule option, ty!

5 Likes

I need this feature too.
When will it be available?

2 Likes