[For US] HomeBase 3 has Arrived!

HB3 is not as good as HB1. The detection is terrible and slow. I had to move it to max to get range area I had with HB1 and still not what it was before. Also no instructions on how to download files to internal storage drive. I will probably change back to HB1 in a week if it doesn’t improve and request refund. Not at all happy about this unit. I’d give it a 4 rating at best.

1 Like

Does the hb3 support the duel doorbell camera yet? Thank you.

2 Likes

First off, your spot on!

I have a quick question. How do you add hm base 3? I have the app and you got that far with hm.bse 3. So, what’s the trick.

So, I ordered, received and upgraded to an additional 1TB hard drive my new Homebase 3! Love this thing!! No more $10 a month for cloud storage on my 7 cameras and doorbell cam! Did anyone else use the “trade in” option? I did for the $50 discount to $99. But I received no instruction to return my Homebase 2…. Maybe I missed something…. Or they just really wanted me to upgrade! Either way, I’ll wait for them to ask for it I guess ;/

Buy now!!! Offer !! Great…so I did, even invested in an additional 2T Harddisk. Package recieved, installed the drive… plugged in and spent 2 hours trying to configure…Oh by the way it doesn’t yet support your camera devices, sorry but we are working on it… :rage:

I wonder if they will ever give us a statement why they have failed? Maybe they will just wait for the HB4!

I can see the dual doorbell and others being pushed back again as they already pushed it back multiple times before.

I really don’t understand why something as new as the dual doorbell wasn’t compatible with the homebase 3 the moment it was released, why release a product that had sod all support and takes almost half a year of more to add if they ever do.

Same with the Wi-Fi, originally it never had Wi-Fi and had to be plugged in but now all of a sudden they added support because the hardware was there all along and just disabled and it works just fine, it may be 4K but it uses extremely little bandwidth, starting the stream is just as fast on Wi-Fi as it is on ethernet.

Seems the Homebase 3 was released in an alpha state and they decided to just patch it as time goes on. If you ever release a version 4 at least make sure your current products are supported.

When is HB3 going to work for indoor cameras?

Based on past performance, never. Eufy is a company of lying thieves. They promised and never delivered features for the last Homebase I wasted my money on. We should organize a class action lawsuit.

That will be the next step if this isn’t working as promised (for the 3rd time) my patience has worn thin.

I don’t see my reply

I doubt it. They are making money and as most companies only care about that. That’s why you’ll most likely get no answer or not the one you want

How do you get a return forca refund, no playback on the s300 or the s380 doesn’t store footage you can playback either

It took them a while to get Homekit working on the cameras they promised it on, but they eventually did. We just have to be super patient I guess. I know they promised in Oct and it’s now April and they’ve now moved the date to May!, but again, just be patient. It’s a REALLY big deal if they don’t get these things working on the HB3 because it was a feature that got many, many people to buy it (including me) and if they don’t deliver then I think just about everyone will lose confidence in Eufy so, I think it will happen. Let’s just hope it does sometime before Summer.

Update 2:
I don’t see any changes yet so my guess is that everything will need a FW update. /crossing fingers.

Update:
I just got the updated app on my iPhone and it claims that the HB3 now supports some of the Indoor Cameras. Will test it and let you know. I’m assuming that they’ll need a FW update first, but we’ll see.

That’s bad! What did they promise on the HB2 that they did not put in?

They have a 30-day money-back guarantee as long as you purchase through Eufy or an authorized reseller like Amazon.

Don’t upgrade unless you know all of your devices will be compatible. I unfortunately purchased this half backed product just to find out not all of my cameras will work with it. Keep the concepts in the closet EUFY until they are fully ready!

In Australia we can return using consumer rights, I plan to return mine for a full refund.

In Australia we have consumer rights on top of the warranties and guarantees, I will exercise it and return the Homebase 3 to jbhifi store for a full refund.

Also will be returning the current 5 indoor cameras as not “fit for purpose” for a full tefund as I bought them based on availability of Home Base 3.

Ankor is bordering a class action civil law suit here in Australia.

I contacted Ankor support via email and below was my response to thier pre canned message.

am returning all Ankor products based on lack of their transparency and sheer arrogance to acknment of any issues/faults.

Goodbe Ankor you “had” good products.

In Australia we have consumer rights on top of the warranties and guarantees, I will exercise it and return the Homebase 3 to jbhifi store for a full refund.

Also will be returning the current 5 indoor cameras as not “fit for purpose” for a full tefund as I bought them based on availability of Home Base 3.

Ankor is bordering a class action civil law suit here in Australia.

I contacted Ankor support via email and below was my response to thier pre canned message.

I am returning all Ankor products based on lack of their transparency and sheer arrogance to acknowledgement of any issues/faults.

Goodbye Ankor you “had” good products.