Extend Your Solar Camera Battery Life this Winter

Hey solar camera users,

Winter is here, and that changes things for your battery. So we want to take a few moments to talk about best practices that will help keep your camera charged throughout the colder months.

1. Give Your Camera a Full Charge in Advance

Before winter completely sets in, take a proactive step by giving your camera a full charge with the USB charging option. Going into winter with a fully charged battery will help your camera better endure the challenges of winter weather.

2. Reduce Motion Detection Sensitivity

Customizing your camera’s motion detection settings to suit the winter conditions can help. Lowering the motion detection sensitivity reduces unnecessary activations, conserving battery power for when it’s truly needed.

3. Use Power-Saving Mode

Set the camera’s “Working Mode” to “Optimal Battery Life”, which will help strike the right balance between functionality and energy conservation. This mode can significantly extend battery life by adjusting performance settings to minimize power consumption.

4. Chase the Winter Sun

Even in winter, when the sun is playing peek-a-boo, there is some solar power to be collected. Clear away gathered snow from the solar panel, or adjust your camera’s position to catch those precious rays.

Important Notice:

eufy solar cameras are expected to operate normally between -20°C (-4°F) and 50°C (122°F). If the internal temperature of the camera drops to 0°C (32°F) or below, it may not be able to charge because of limitations put in place for battery safety purposes. It will automatically resume charging normally when the internal temperature once again rises above 0°C (32°F).

If you take this advice, your eufy solar cameras should continue to provide reliable security and convenience throughout the winter season.

Thanks for choosing a eufy solar camera. Your satisfaction and peace of mind are our top priorities.

Warm regards for the winter season,

The eufy Team

12 Likes

Can we plug it into the power all the time during the winter season?

29 Likes

Having horrible solar charging experience during this season. Not convenient to climb a ladder to bring in to charge. Had it fully charged prior to installing a few weeks ago, down to 20% but maintains 20%.

8 Likes

Bigger battery, large or multiple solar panels, also please fix the chat so that it appears higher and can ve seen while typing

5 Likes

What I would do is set the camera to “solar panel” as power source if I’m keeping it plugged into a USB charger. That way it doesn’t charge to 100% and hopefully prolongs the battery life.

Give us an option to plug it and use the solar panel at the same time, so I can only send power whem battery goes down.

4 Likes

I live in central Florida and have no problems with this. Plenty of sun and warmth here. Battery charge staying over 98%.

1 Like

You don’t say…? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yes. Run a long USB Cable

lo unico que me da el panel solar es dolor de cabeza

The only thing the solar panel gives me is a headache.

1 Like

This is what mine is doing too. I’m going to try and extend out the solar panel from the house some because it’s not in the best place, but I wanted the camera in a certain spot.

Has anyone tried to run a 10 ft USB cable to a portable battery pack that you can hide somewhere at ground level? That way you don’t have to keep climbing a ladder. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

I am in the Atl, GA metro area. I have several cameras. They stay charged in the high 90’s. I have one that was 50’s. Now charged to 75%. I am very pleased.

1 Like

These solar panal are so weak and crappy they don’t charge for anything. And don’t blame winter because I have 2 others on different cameras and they are always full. Imo these are way too weak don’t put out enough power.

2 Likes

Having issues getting a none charging and a camera that has the solar cell peeling off. S380 4k

1 Like

I’ve been lucky by the sounds of it. I’m UK, not great weather, and it has been maintaining charge just fine. Much better than expected!

1 Like

Guys get yourself a larger solar panel from amazon, eufy panels are 2.4w whereas amazon ones are 5w this adds a bit more charging capacity

2 Likes

Think its better to use the solare panel from eufy camera, not that it’s included on S360

battery power on the new flood light camera is terrible!!

1 Like