Extend Your Solar Camera Battery Life this Winter

I believe you can. The same limitations apply for temperature charging limits though.

I have mine plugged in all year round on a low amp plug and leave it as connected to solar on the power management screen. This then stops my battery over charging and let’s it deplet down to 95% before accepting more power. Hope this helps

Congratulations you have just one the most useless comment award :joy:

Yep Orlando sun keepsit fully charged

Va conectado a la camara no a tu cabeza

No hables pendejadas
Sabes lo que dices? O es que te la conectaste en la cabeza y por eso lo dices?

my SoloCam is charging up better than I expected. It’s installed at an east-facing wall, so will not see direct sunlight after 11am or so, yet in the previous, quite cloudy weeks it charged up from ~85% to almost 100% Admittedly, there’s not a lot of traffic.
My Solar Wall Cam, however, which is installed at a position with more direct sunlight in a west-facing position, has been loosing charge during the same period. Im not sure why but perhaps because the solar wall cam’s built-in solar panel angle is too low for the low sun of the winter months, and cannot be adjusted, while the SoloCam’s external panel is pointed a lot lower angle.

I would love to see that adapter and option

I used to do mine like that but with a timer for an hour per day.

i connected mine using smart plug, turn it on on my phone whenever the battery drops and it’s have been like that since I got it

1 Like

I solved that problem by extending the wiring and splitting the wires By two source of charge now It can be charged solar or usb It may not be recommended but it works for me :grin:

1 Like

I did that myself it worked

Not good for the UK. Battery constantly drains. Had to turn off all the features that make this a great camera. Pointless !

1 Like

I have absolutely ABYSMAL experiences this winter with my solar panels from Eufy. I live in the state with the most sun, Arizona, and I found myself with THREE different cameras offline, compromising my security system by lack of power. I don’t believe these panels were engineered properly at all.

The one I have is powered with a solar via USB. You can just get a USB splitter and power it any way you want. That’s a thought at least.