Announcement of iOS 16 Compatibility

EN Version

Hey eufy users,

We would like to apologize for the delay in providing iOS 16 compatibility. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. Here is the latest information about where we’re at with iOS 16 compatibility.

Our development team is currently working on compatibility and creating the best experience with the latest iOS version. We suggest that our iOS users do not upgrade their iPhones to iOS 16 for now, so as to maintain compatibility and avoid potential issues. We are also working on eufy Security app compatibility with iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.

The iOS 16 experience will officially be available to you by the end of September, and iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max will be compatible by the end of October.

Please keep an eye out in the community for the latest news and updates. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer service team by emailing support@eufylife.com.

DE Version

Sehr geehrter eufy Nutzer,

wir möchten Sie über den aktuellen Stand der Kompatibilität mit iOS 16 auf dem Laufenden halten.

Zunächst möchten wir uns für die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten nach dem Update entschuldigen. Wir können Ihren Frust verstehen, bitten aber um Ihr Verständnis dafür, dass uns neue Updates auch vor unvorhergesehene Herausforderungen stellen.

Derzeit priorisiert unser technisches Team den Kompatibilitätsprozess, um sicherzustellen, dass Sie die neueste iOS-Version (iOS 16) so schnell wie möglich in vollen Zügen genießen können. Gleichzeitig arbeiten wir bereits daran, dass die eufy Security App auf dem iPhone 14 Pro und 14 Pro Max optimal laufen wird.

Sofern dies für Sie möglich und akzeptabel ist, würden wir Sie bitten, das Update auf iOS 16 um einige Tage zu verschieben. Das neue iOS 16-Erlebnis wird Ihnen mit unserer APP noch Ende September zur Verfügung stehen.

iPhone 14 Pro & 14 Pro Max werden Ende Oktober kompatibel sein.

Bitte halten Sie in unserer Community Ausschau nach den neuesten Nachrichten und Updates. Bei Fragen wenden Sie sich bitte an unser Team unter support@eufylife.com.

Wir beantworten alle Anfragen zeitnah!

17 Likes

This is really poor.

The dev builds of iOS 16 have been around for months so unless there was something massively different for the GA release of iOS 16 that caught you guys out, this should have been working day one.

End of September isn’t good enough when you’re talking about a security product that people should be able to rely on working correctly.

I’ve an iPhone 12 Pro Max this isn’t working on so it’s not even an issue with the new iPhone hardware, it’s iOS. How has this not been picked up in testing?

11 Likes

Yep, not surprised at all unfortunately. :man_facepalming: If it’s anything like the Geofencing debacle, eufy will still be working on iOS 16 compatibility in 2025…

9 Likes

I’m having no problems I updated iOS 16 my sides all good

5 Likes

With iOS 16 all my zones are screwed up, the attached is an example, the the app freezes/crashes, and also the crashes if it’s switched to landscape mode on the Activity zones section

2 Likes

I am on iOS 16 and things are working fine. However, having said that, advising users to not upgrade their iOS versions in order to preserve compatibility with the eufy app is somewhat irresponsible because you are intentionally asking people to put their devices at risk. iOS 16 comes with important and critical security updates to the OS, which trumps any compatibility issues that come with a particular app. I agree with others, there has been ample time to work through iOS compatibility at the app level. We demand better from Eufy

11 Likes

I’m having problems with the Geofencing too. It suck’s and I haven’t updated.

3 Likes

i used to have no problems recommending your product to ppl who asked me what i thought of it after investing a decent amount of money into multiple cameras both exterior and interior along with other sensors but i can’t honestly do that anymore. before this update even i constantly have issues now and they are just unreliable. playback and detection is horrible among other things. such a shame

2 Likes

Well said, and spot on

1 Like

I have a new iPhone Pro 14 and everything is working fine…

I have an iPhone 11 and I updated it before I saw this message and it’s working fine. I have eufy 2c pro cams and Homebase 2.

1 Like

It’s a bit late to tell us not to install iOS16. Running on iPhone 14 Pro here.

1 Like

I am in iOS16 without any issues.

I must agree with other users. Asking us not to upgrade the iOS is completely irresponsible and a security risk. My corporate IT/security department insists we keep our phones updated in order to run business applications. A fix by the end of September and support for iPhone 14 Pro by the end of October is completely unacceptable. eufy security cameras are a significant investment. Perhaps eufy should focus on compatibly of their existing products instead of developing and marketing the next generation.

6 Likes

Unacceptable. You knew this was coming out for how long? Many other companies around the world were ready. 1/10 for Homebase 2 Hub, 2k wireless, 1080 p wireless WTH!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :triumph: :triumph: :triumph: :rage: :rage: :rage: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

:nerd_face: :sunglasses: :partying_face: EXACTLY!!!

1 Like

:hushed: What did you do to get there? iPhone14?

I have an iPhone 12 pro max is everything working fine for me with IOS 16
I have a doorbel 2k battery and 2 eufycam2 pro and a doorbel dual and 2 homebase2
:grinning:

iPhone 13 running iOS 16. Saw eufy’s warning too late, had already updated. Activity zones are intact, but don’t display well in portrait mode, do show correctly in landscape. Eufy, can you spell out what doesn’t work? It’s worse to think security is working when it’s not actually. Thanks

1 Like