2c Camera white screen

My two external 2c camera’s show a white screen when you open the app and not the last recorded video screen this has only happened since the minus weather that we are experiencing here in UK, the camera’s seem to record motion video’s but the extreme cold weather has caused this problem.

Last winter we had minus weather and the camera’s worked just fine but this year the weather has been extremely cold so I hope that once weather warms up the camera’s will work normally again. I hope the camera’s have not been damaged permanently because as a pensioner I will not be able to replace them.

You mean like this?

If so, it started happening to me about 6 days ago after the camera received a firmware update.
If I go to the activity screen even the small thumbnails are blank/white.
Videos play normal though.

Hi this is exactually the screen I am getting and I put it down to the weather so you think it is a firmware problem. A couple of years ago firmware updates was a poblem with motion detaction and I hope Eufy has not screwed up camera,"s again.

Firmware problem, I believe so… My doorbell cam received the update first and then I noticed the white screen there after. Then two days later my solo outdoor cam also received an update and same thing occurred.
Now it could be on my end because I’m using an old version of the eufy App and I haven’t updated yet, though someone else is also having the same issue posting the link here that also has another link of mine when I first posted the issue.

Firmware update info on my camera

I am running a old version of the app so this could be my problem so I am going to relent and install the update to see if it fixes problem. My system has not had a camera firmware update the only update has been for the keypad on 12/12/2022.

Let me know if it does fix the problem or not…
I will eventually have to update the app also.
If you haven’t done so yet read this post.
It may help you with the transition specifically when logging back in the new app selecting the correct region then also the part of missing cameras and devices not showing up after app update…

Good luck

I commented on that post months ago about how useless v4 is and that I was stopping on v3 but now looks like Eufy are forcing our hand to change and update to latest version of the app.
The problem is that installing the new app version I think it requires you to re-connect all your devices from scratch which for me is a problem having to climb ladders to take down my camera’s and then having to put them back.

I hope that they have fixed that issue since after the January App V4.0 roll out.

Yep, that would suck and it’s a bit cold to be playing outside :snowman:

What cameras do you use?

AFAIK
Updating the app version doesn’t force you to reinstall the cameras. They are bound to your account not the app.

Thank you for all replies to my questions and I will only install update when weather decides to play nice as it is too cold for outside work on ladders if for some reason that requires a device re-install.

2 Solo OutdoorCam’s C24 & battery powered doorbell cam no HomeBase.

Well now, I’m unable to watch any recorded videos, the event screen just has the spinning circle as if it’s loading, no thumbnails showing up to tap on to view the video.
It’s acting as though an eufy server is down. Live view works okay.
One workaround to view the videos is:
When you receive a notification on your phone if you tap on that notification you can watch the video but, it’s a one-time deal.
I’ll wait a few hours to see if it clears up if not I may have to update the app sooner than later…

Eufy has got their way and have forced me to update the application to the latest version, it started by not letting me see any events and all previous events were nto visible so I cleared the storage and this did not do anything so bit the bullet and updated to latest Eufy app and all now seems to function ok.

I now have to learn how to use this latest application because it is different from previous version any way I hope by updating application my problems will be solved.

Ditto, I updated the app yesterday and things are back to normal. 24 hours later and there’s another app update that’s required. OMG