You've Got HomeKit Questions, We've Got Answers

Hey legend. I am looking at adding a Eufy Doorbell to the ecosystem and home bridge. Does the plugin allow for the doorbell to use HomePod as a chime too? Additionally, does it allow you to talk back via home on a doorbell? Just wanting to know the feature limitations before committing. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hey @brades16 just curious if you were able to use the HomePod for the doorbell chime and talk through Homekit?

For those who’d like to setup your Eufy Cams for Homekit Secure Video I found this VERY HELPFUL article explaining the various settings, both in the Eufy App and the Home App, explaining how those settings affect your camera’s performance in HomeKit. Hopefully you’ll find it as useful as I did

Sure would be nice if you actually supported HomeKit with your newer devices.

2 Likes

Hello,

I only use my camera with Homekit and it works well with Eufi security 2k, but i have found a big security issue.
My homkit configuration setting is : when leaving home: allow diffusion and allow recording (to apple cloud)

I have just noticed that night vision do not activate automatically when i leave my house when it is already night.
The camera do not switch in night vision.

In fact, it works well only if i leave my house during daylight, in that case the camera switch to night vision at night and then to normal mode in the morning, etc…

I have just reported a bug, but take care until this is fixed, and check firmarware update.

The work arround when you are outside is to manually switch off and on again night vision, in that case the camera will switch to night vision and stay in night vision even in daylight, but at least the security issue is solved.

Edit:
A reboot of the camera has solved the issue, but wait for confirmation of eufy to understand how this bug has happen and can be solved in the futur

I bought a floodlight camera and I regret so much. It seems like it will never have HomeKit integration, one of my main reasons of getting one.

Hi I’m trying to set up on 2 phones and when I go to do the second phone i loose connection to the first phone

Hi there. The home bridge thing looks like the only way to get the doorbell into HomeKit. Would you be kind and advise me how you have done that. My other Eufy cameras are all in HomeKit as it is compatible except my 2K battery doorbell (realised it too late) Would appreciate help in adding my video doorbell in. Is HOOBS

Hi there. My video doorbell is the only one not in the HomeKit ecosystem and would like to add it via HOOBS. what and how do I do this? My other Eufy cameras are all in as it is compatible out the box

I confirm there is a bug with IR activation.
It happen when camera is activated and when it is already dark.
the Ir mode do not switch on sometimes, test done using « recording notification »->at home-> « detection/record »

Folks, never buy something that is incomplete. “HomeKit Compatibility soon” needs to have a response of “Purchase of product soon”.

With that said, I’m overall pleased with the Eufy cams that I have. The single cam I tested (solocam) that didn’t have HomeKit has been a failure. But the regular Pan-Tilt and the battery-cams work very well (although a PITA to have to keep recharging the battery cams).

We will see what happens with Matter and Thread. If Eufy offers a firmware upgrade, I’ll stick with Eufy. If not, the playing field is open again for new and different cams.

Nice, but why do you post like everything is HomeKit capable but the new stuff isn’t?

It appears this is still true. Sucks, cause it about time to replace my cameras and I just purchased the HB3. I guess I’ll be selling them and going elsewhere. I really like Eufy :frowning: :frowning_face:

It seems pretty obvious that eufy is trying to force users into their ecosystem rather than supporting HomeKit for new devices. Can anyone at eufy refute this? Is there a timeline for HomeKit (or at least Matter) support?

1 Like