You've Got HomeKit Questions, We've Got Answers

Yes, this should be automatic. With the recent HomeKit and iCloud + updates, you potentially have unlimited cameras feeding into HomeKit, with excellent alerting that even shows up up Apple TV while you are watching!

I will not buy another camera that does not support HomeKit.

3 Likes

Yeah, not buying anymore devices that don’t support HomeKit. It’s just laziness at this point. Not sure why some of your products support it and some don’t? No response from Eufy except more weird products nobody asked for.

4 Likes

I was super excited to find out that the security cams were HomeKit compatible, so I bought those as well as the door bell and the fingerprint door lock thinking… oh man this is great going to have all these devices in my HomeKit! Thank you Eufy. Setup the cams using HomeKit and it was great. Then found out that both their brand new doorbell and door lock are not home kit compatible?! Can we get a software update ASAP to enable HomeKit? It’s crazy in a world where iOS is such a huge portion of devices that your new line is not already HomeKit ready.

1 Like

I would love to find out clearly if you are abandoning HomeKit like Ring did. None of your new products support it. Please don’t lie like Ring did, promising something that never came.

1 Like

With Icloud’s new option to record images from easily configured cameras via wifi, I got excited and bought two different Eufy models, excellent and working. I went looking for more information about cameras and other brand devices with Homekit integration and I see people complaining that Eufy has abandoned the platform. That’s right? Because if so, I will return the cameras and move to another brand, someone confirm please.

You should return !
Most questions re HomeKit never get any responses from Eufy.
From the look of it I think they now dropped the ball on HomeKit.

1 Like

Tom, Thank you

Don’t think the doorbell will be enabled for HomeKit like they said when introducing it.

Something I learned about promises on products, don’t buy a promise, buy the product that has the features you’d like !

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if Apple is cutting off development and support for HomeKit.

They used to have a section of Apple Retail stores dedicated to HomeKit, with several different products and demos available, including a software program running on a TV that would illustrate what the HomeKit commands from a nearby iPad would do. It was cool, but the store nearest me took that display out. Apple’s webpage for HomeKit products seems to have stagnated with no new products that I’ve noticed for years, and even Philips Hue bulbs don’t seem to feature HomeKit compatibility in their marketing anymore (they do, I just bought some more, but I’m just saying).

Furthermore, Apple is notoriously difficult to get product integration with, especially if Apple is planning to enter the market with their own products soon (see Tile and AirTags, or even when Apple bought Siri). I really like a lot of Apple products, but they may also be a roadblock for the hardware/software to work, and Eufy just might not be in a position to say something like that if they don’t want Apple to get mad.

Just speculation… take it with a grain of salt.

I currently have my Eufy battery doorbell in HomeKit with Homebridge, so it is possible. I’m currently trying to do the same with Home Assistant but it would be great if it was native as Eufy promised.

2 Likes

What you say could be a valid theory

The problem is that I can see all of my eufy cameras in the eufy app natively, but only one of them works in HomeKit without homebridge. If the cameras are fine in eufy, HomeKit on all shouldn’t be a problem. If I had to use two different eufy apps then I could see them not having the same features.

The engineers clearly have it worked out under the hood if one app can view them all.

1 Like

What does the “snooze” function do?

Very disappointed I can’t add my doorbell camera to HomeKit. Pretty hit and miss. If you’ve got a whole eco system of eufy products, why not make them all HomeKit compatible.

2 Likes

I understand that many people use Homebridge to connect non-native smart devices to HomeKit. The process is more complicated than the average person would like, so a company developed a hub that connects directly to your router, which acts as a “homebridge in a box”. The product is called HOOBS. There is a homebridge plug-in that allows HomeKit integration with Eufy doorbells. You can go the complicated route using Raspberry Pi, or the simple route by purchasing a plug n’ play HOOBS hub. I can confirm once mine is up and running.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Homebridge with my Eufy products for about six months now. While it’s not perfect… some of the latest updates with the plugin allow for a snapshot every 3-10 seconds from the cameras. It’s as close to a ‘live view’ as one gets without actual HomeKit support with Eufy’s doorbell cameras or their wired cameras.

Camera w/ Spotlight:

While answering the doorbell with the Home App doesn’t work along with many other features you only get with the Eufy app. You get snapshots when someone rings your doorbell. You can set up automation with the alarm, contact sensors, and cameras. It unlocks the ability to use the motion detection/sensor of the camera/doorbell to turn on a porch light (or something similar). You’ll have to customize what notifications you would like from the Eufy App and HomeKit so they don’t overlap or become overwhelmed with double the notifications.

Glad to see you have it working. I just received my Hoobs box today and am trying to set up our eufy doorbell.
It comes up in HomeKit as eufy security bridge under Bridges in Home Settings, not as a doorbell. I assign it to the entrance, but it doesn’t appear anywhere as an available accessory

I echo all of these comments. I love the HomeKit integration in the EufyCam 2 and can’t figure out why new products don’t support it, especially now that HomeKit does not require any specific hardware additions. I’d buy several Eufy products if they supported HomeKit.

2 Likes

I am sure Hoobs is the same way as Homebridge.

I am guessing that you already found the child bridge to connect the Eufy Security Plugin?

Once my bridge was connect I could easily move the cameras, sensors etc to where I wanted them in my HomeKit:

The doorbell seems to be set just like a camera and updates every 3-10 seconds sometimes longer with a live snapshot:

Was just wondering why the 2k 2C pro cameras are forced to 1080p resolution when using through Apple Home ? Is this something Apple needs to resolve or Eufy?

1 Like

Eufy’s first wireless cameras had a promise of future homekit integration. I bought the 4 pack only to have Eufy a year or two later release the gen 2 version and base station with homekit and dropping the upgrade from the gen 1 cameras. I still use the cameras because they work but once a better option comes out with homekit support I will be dropping these from this bait and switch company.

1 Like