Web Portal Access not working at all on iPhone with version 4.7 of app

I’ve downloaded the latest version of the app (4.7) on my iPhone 5s. I can navigate to the web portal access page in the control center, but when I click on the button to activate it, I see that it has recorded the click, but it doesn’t activate. It doesn’t take me to the page where I can generate a PIN or access the settings. I just see the web portal access link flash and then it does nothing at all.

It does work on my android tablet, but I don’t always have that with me, nor does it have cellular internet access. So using it away from home would not be a workable solution for me.

I have restarted the phone and the camera, logged out and back into the app and nothing seems to work. I cannot create a PIN through a desktop computer either (MacOS Catalina). So the only thing I have that works correctly with this device is my android tablet.

Before I take this thing down and return it, I’d like to know if there’s a way to fix this issue as I do like the device. But it’s just not working correctly on the platforms I need it to.

The model # is T8424 and the system and subsystem versions are 2.0.8.3

I too would like to know, I am on the latest version of android. I am not able to activate web portal button. Solocam s340 and s220 solocam. would like to use the web portal in hopes that it works better than the app, can barely use the app half the time.