Unlock the Power of eufy | Expanding the Storage of S380 HomeBase (HomeBase 3)

I’m still waiting for support on my flood light pros

1 Like

Works with mine after the last firmware release for the indoor cam. So far very pleased with HB3. The person recognition is awesome.

I have invested in my Eufy systems from vacuum to security. My last bring adding the homebase3 to my floodlight pro 2. However, I had an injury and could not reach my floodlight to take it down. How else can i connect it to the newly installed Homebase3 with 1TB external drive?

I see both on the app separately, but will not link together.

1 Like

What firmware version are you using that supports facial recognition on indoor cameras?

The last FW I got was 2.1.8.3 and only supports storage to the HB3.

Thanks

As far as I know, the Floodlight Pro 2 Camera doesn’t connect to the HB 3 yet. Hopefully soon!

that’s not what was advertised when i purchased it. it took weeks to receive.

Can you confirm?

this is not great, of your assumption is correct.

Hi folk, anybody got the accu based dual doorbell working on the new homebase 3. Every other camera transferred smoothly - only the doorbell gives me griefs

Hello does the eufy cam solo L40 connect to HB3 yet? I saw the chart and it states end of April 2023. I would like to buy a pair of L40’s from Costco but I don’t want to waist my time if they don’t work with the HB3 Base.

This homebase have continuous recording? Or is recording only the events?

1 Like

It should… if you are using the optional hard drive and also depends on the features of device / camera you are using… like hardwired & 24/7.

My guess is that you are not streaming HD video to them from potentially multiple sources at the same time? :grinning:

Heck, I’m not even using the 24/7 video recording function.
Just reading what the specs say on the HB3.

You do bring up a good point though, as in how many cameras can you have recording 24/7 to the HB3?

Hey guys am new to all of this and not much of a tech head. Got the system set up (4x solar 4K outdoor cams), but the Homebase 3 would not connect unless the security protocol on the router was changed to WPA/WPA2. When I connect my iphone to the router now I get a warning of weak security. This apparently makes the iphone more hackable no? Everywhere is saying we should not enable this setting in our router. Does this mean security is also weak on the cameras that are wirelessly connected to the Homebase 3? Does anyone know of any work arounds to this and will it be possible for the Homebase to be compatible with a better security protocol in the future?

I installed a 1T SSD without switching off the Homebase, after installation I rebooted and now I only see new SSD, local storage isn’t shown anymore

1 Like

I’m trying to add new homebase 3 in the eufy security app, but I don’t see it in the device list. How can I use homebase 3?

It should be listed in there, you’ll find it as the S380.
This is for the Android App.
Tap on the plus sign then that will open another screen.

When choosing from among WEP, WPA, WPA2 and WPA3 wireless security protocols, experts agree WPA3 is best for Wi-Fi security. As the most up-to-date wireless encryption protocol, WPA3 is the most secure choice. Some wireless APs /Wi-Fi Routers (a few years old) do not support WPA3, however. In that case, the next best option is WPA2.
Your iPhone is just alerting / nagging you cuz it’s looking for WPA3.
The HomeBase & cameras only supports WPA/WPA2 protocol… as far as a workaround perhaps it can receive a firmware update, though that depends on the wireless module component that is installed.
I’ve been using WPA/WPA2 for years without any hacker incidents.
Go back in your router settings and see if you have an option for
WPA2/WPA3-Personal. Newer routers have that additional option.

How do I know if video is being stored? I have doorbell T8210 and I am not seeing anything stored on my homebase 3.

Is the homebase 3 compatibel with Video Doorbell Dual 2K, Indoor Cams (Pan & Tilt), Solocams, Floodlight Cams?

Not yet. Was told by 12/31/23