"Unable to play video clip. Decrypting from local storage." Full storage card the culprit?

Hi. I have 2 Eufy cameras. the Indoor cam 2K and the SoloCam E40. I only use local storage. I use the Eufy Security app on iOS.
MicroSD card was ordered from Dell.com, and is a 64GB Samsung EVO Plus MB-MC64KA - Flash memory card - 64 GB - A1 - microSDXC UHS-I

I haven’t been using the SoloCam for a while, but the Indoor Cam stopped letting me view or download videos. It would say “Decrypting from local storage”, then say “Unable to play video clip.” I can’t download either - "Downloading and decrypting from device 0%. Failed to download, failed to request -154

On the Indoor Cam, I just discovered the microSD card was full. I deleted a bunch of videos to free up 1.5GB. Thinking maybe that was an issue. I still couldn’t play any videos. So I tried the solocam. I was able to play the video of a test clip I recorded by walking in front of it just now. (I was not able to find the last time it recorded a video, the interface does not help, only can go day by day and hope to find videos).

So while I thought there had been some catastrophic firmware update that’s basically ruined our cameras, it doesn’t appear that the SoloCam was affected. So something else might have been affecting the Indoor Cam.

For the Indoor Cam, I thought that it was supposed to delete old videos to make space. Maybe it was, but the camera wasn’t recording all events (at least listing as events with thumbnail images, even if it maybe wasn’t recording). Maybe the card had enough space for thumbnails but not a single video?

I tried looking back in the calendar view but I could not find a day with videos, which is strange, I believe I’ve had it running out the front window for the last 12 months at least. Lots of false positives with cars driving by, not an ideal spot.

While I didn’t want to resort to this, I thought maybe having a full card was an issue that it could not recover from, so I tried formatting the MicroSD card in the camera. That failed, so I read in a post here that someone had to format the card in their computer to exFAT, then try again in the camera. I did the format on the computer, stuck the card back in the camera, and when the camera said it was a new card and needed formatting, I let it, and it succeeded.

Now I can watch videos successfully. I can also download successfully to my phone album.

While I’m glad I apparently got it to work again, what a terrible experience. And it’s bad that I had to lose all my videos to fix the problem. It’s bad that the iOS software doesn’t indicate dates with recordings in the calendar view. And/Or that with a full card, older videos weren’t showing up any more. And it’s bad that it seems like old videos were not being deleted automatically (but I couldn’t verify since I cant identify the oldest video on the card without a TON of trial and error, which is bad in and of itself).

Had this happen on my outdoor wired cams. Just the 1080p. Versions so far. Also tried deleting old clips to clean things up. Days with multiple clips I would select all and delete…. Only to come back to that date to find they had returned. Also if I watch recorded video from the 24/7 recording… I can only watch it once. After that it gets corrupted and can’t be watched ever again. I’m guessing they made changes for eventual HB3 integration…. But it’s really making a mess of things. For some reason Eufy doesn’t believe in the Beta testing process.