Unable to add Homebase 2

Hi!

I have followed all steps with my home base 2; I have connected it to my router directly, light blue blinking, then from the mobile app (iPhone) scan the code, but it keeps saying “unable to add home base”. I have tried manually the code but it doesn’t work either.

Appreciate any help! I bought several Eufy products just because the home base, so it is really annoying that it does not work.

Thank you very much!

I am not sure if it is defective or it is a used device, but you could try reset by pressing the “CYCLE” hole in the back of HomeBase 2 with the detaching tool until you hear “HomeBase is resetting” then try again. Good luck.

I got these directions from the Help Section.
Are you performing the setup in order?
Like don’t connect the HomeBase to the router first and have your phone on your home’s Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz band…

~Add HomeBase 2 to the App

1. On the Device page, tap Add Device and then select HomeBase 2.

2. Follow the step-by-step instructions on the phone screen to power on the HomeBase 2 and connect it to your home router using the provided Ethernet cable.

3. Tap Next and connect your smartphone to the same WiFi router that the HomeBase is connected to.

4. Tap Next and wait 1 minute until HomeBase’s LED indicator light turns from Red to Blue.

5. Tap Next and scan the QR code at the bottom of HomeBase 2. The code you need to scan is at the bottom of your HomeBase 2. You can also manually enter the HomeBase’s serial number.

6. After scanning the correct code, the setup process will proceed to the next step.

7. When HomeBase 2 is emitting a sound, click the SYNC/ALARM OFF button on the back of the HomeBase 2 for 2 seconds until you hear a short beep.

8. Once HomeBase 2 is set up successfully, please enter a name for your HomeBase 2. You are all set! You can then connect other devices to HomeBase 2.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

god bless you stranger!

I had this blue light blinking problem and installation did not work at all. After several attempts and overnight sleep I found out that Ethernet connection to Gateway must be done to bridge port. In my CTS FWR5-3105 gw LAN port #4 is the one. So unplug whatever you have in that port and connect HomeBase 2 to it. Voila! It works. After setup procedure remember to configure your WiFi connection while still connected to LAN. Then you can unplug cable and move HomeBase to better place if needed. //Anders