Squirrels and cats recognized as Human on recordings

I’ve noticed lately that while reviewing the overnight recordings for my front door camera, 99% of the squirrels and cats that wander in front of my camera by my front door are recognized as “Human”, according to Eufy’s AI…

Clearly, that is wrong and even when I change the notification and recording type on my camera to “Human Only”, those critters are still being labeled as human.

Is this a feature or a bug?

It is my understanding if you’re using a battery camera motion is defaulted to all motion at night for safety. The onboard AI isn’t as accurate at night so I believe this is used to prevent missed events. You may want to create motion zones so it only detects motion at the height or area only a human would trigger.

BlockquoteIt is my understanding if you’re using a battery camera motion is defaulted to all motion at night for safety. The onboard AI isn’t as accurate at night so I believe this is used to prevent missed events. You may want to create motion zones so it only detects motion at the height or area only a human would trigger.

I already have activity zones setup for this camera but because of where it is mounted, above my front door looking down, making it human height is not an option. On top of that, the camera will also label cats and squirrels as “Human” during the day too, it’s not just at night. I get the camera labeling them as human at night because the image isnt as good or clear, but during the day, it’s painfully obvious when cats and squirrels are near-by but they are still labeled as human.

This is a ransomware attack. Leave 10 pounds of peanuts outside your door and we squirrels :chipmunk: will stop triggering your camera. I can’t speak for the cats :black_cat: (who can?).

Lately the A.I. hasn’t been working quite well.
My front door cam detected me as a pet.
Screenshot_20230403-215128~2
Then a bird as human

The doorbell cam done detected a deer as human

And also this possum

It has its quirks…

1 Like