SoloCam S340 - Solar panel seemingly not working

Hi,

I installed the SoloCam S340 on my driveway about a month back. The solar panel is installed on top of the camera and although there hasn’t been much sunshine in the past month, there have been a enough sunny days over the past 30+ days, but thus far the solar panel charging indicator shows 0 mAh, 0 min. The battery is gradually draining and is currently sitting on 30%. The solar panel is detected in the Eufy Security app and I can see the icon for the solar panel when you look at ‘My Devices’ view and have selected it as the power source in power manager.

Any ideas, could it be a faulty solar panel or just the flaky sunshine?

thanks
AD

The solar panel of my S340 works fine these days

In the camera Settings if you have the option to Restart Device, try that.
Check the solar panel wire connection adapters.
Pull them apart and remove the one on the back of the camera.
Wait 5 minutes then connect them back, see if the panel starts charging again.

Thanks - have given that a try, will see how it goes over the next few days. As it recognises the solar panel and shows the icon on the app. The wire coming out of the solar panel is not removable though, just the other end, which is usb ‘C’, which plugs into the camera.

Just to say, that this seems to have worked, although the charging is still very poor, it’s done like 2% in the last month or so, but that’s like due to the flakey sunlight we have had in the past few months.

Thanks for you help.

Keep in mind the suns energy is not that strong in the winter months as to summer time even though its sunny out.

I’m struggling to get the solar panel to work. It’s a new install, and although the app shows the panel connected, apparently it’s not charging. I’ll go check the connection again. I’m located in Florida where we have plenty of sunlight, so there shouldn’t be any issues.

Update:

User error. Apparently I didn’t have the solar plug firmly into the camera. It’s now charging at a terrific level.

I am having the same issue with one of my four cameras. The other three charge and show information on the solar dash board. But one of the cameras shows no information on the dashboard. It does show the solar panel is connected. The cameras are on the same side of the building on opposite corners. So the panels get the same angel of the sun…

Well, if you had already checked the USB-C connection to the camera. Like pulled it out and reinstalled it.
Then I would check to see if that camera has the same firmware version as your other three cams, if it doesn’t perform a manual firmware update on it then.