Solocam E40 died, full of water

I bought 2 solocam E40s to add to my homebase 2 system when they were first available. A few months ago, so after about a year and a half of use, one of them just died. Nothing, wouldn’t turn on, wouldn’t charge, couldn’t retrieve recordings. When I opened up the camera casing, it was full of water. I mean, full. It hadn’t even been raining recently and the camera was mounted under a little protective cover/shade. It had been plugged into a solar charger and that had been charging it fine the day before and still works fine for other cameras. I don’t think water travelled down the cord into the camera because I’m usually pretty careful about leaving a loop of cord below the charge port. Everything has obviously dried out by this point and I can’t see any electrical damage, but it’s done for. So, wtf? An outdoor camera that fills with water? I now have an s380hb and the one remaining solocam I have doesn’t store it’s videos to it. It’s way slower to connect to than the others, the sound has basically gone on it and the video quality has decreased drastically. I’m expecting that one to die any day, especially anytime it rains.