S340 360 Camera READ BEFORE PURCHASE! DO NOT PURCHASE

So i bought this top of the range camera, knowing that EUFY products support 3rd party NAS devices. More specifically Synology.

So i went ahead and purchased.

I followed the tutorials on EUFY own website to setup Synology NAS with the S340 360 degree camera and a step was missing, you can only select local storage.

After chatting to the AI bot which to be fair knew the answer, this camera DOES NOT SUPPORT integration with 3rd Party NAS devices.

Frustrated and annoyed i wasted money on a pointless product i was forced to sign up to the cloud based storage service although the product clearly being sold as “No Monthly Fee”. guess what?? this product does not support the cloud based service neither. So i wasted another £30 for the year. JOY!!!

If anyone is wondering why this is a issue, you are affectively purchased a fully self contained camera, Camera, Solar Panel (Power Source) and internal storage. If someone threw a brick or sneezed towards the camera all data is lost with the camera, if someone stole the camera which is the sole purpose the camera is attempting to protect someone from, chavs and thugs. Then all the data is gone with the camera.

Completely pointless product.

Installing the camera is far too easy!!! Which means… Removing the camera is far too easy…

In don’t normally leave reviews but this ‘Security’ camera makes zero sense and is completely pointless.

Sure you can shell out more money for the Eufy home hub, assuming that’s supported but by that point you may be looking at other products.

Eufy are so close with this camera but so far.

out of 5 stars, ZERO. It’s completely pointless.

1 Like

My S330 eufyCam doesn’t have internal storage. All video recordings are encrypted and saved to the S380 HomeBase3. So if the camera is stolen the thief’s action will be recorded on and recoverable from the HomeBase

Hey @iek10 if it’s not any trouble can you test that out? I don’t have an HB3 to do so myself.
I’ve heard / read when the camera is gone / missing you cannot access any of that cams videos until it’s returned.

I suppose you could test it like this… Remove the camera from its mount and move the camera far away from the HB3 so it shows it’s offline then try to view any prior videos.