RTSP not working (401 unauthorized)

Wrote it on a old thread as well: https://community.security.eufy.com/t/cloud-works-like-a-charm-rtsp-unstable/2259396:

“Same problem with to 2 x 2C Outdoor cams on a Homebase 2. Already reported to the Eufy service. Fact is in my case the App itself. As soon as I reconnect the stream it works relatively good but immediately if I go back to the settings the stream is broken. Amazing: I tried to stream on the PC with VLC as well with another RTSP streaming software and the same effect. Going back in the App at the “NAS(RTSP)” screen it stops working as well as on my NAS.
It worked longer when I closed the app directly and completely but even then it stopped after 5 Min. and latest when I tried to re-activate the second stream (from my second cam, opening the app again).”

I like the system and thought about buying Homebase 3 but with this error it may make more sense to invest into standard IP cams (if you have a NAS or maybe a homemade solution with Raspberry Pi and MotionEyeOS)

I opened this thread on December 22 after they stopped working and by Jan 15 I had everything working again. Both the firmware and APP updates fixed it for me.
I’m using the same configs as I was back then (NAS/RTSP, Digest on security), have since updated the firmwares multiple times and didn’t suffer any more downtime or errors with RTSP.
I’m able to use them on the APP, VLC, Frigate,… (I don’t have a Homebase of any kind so I can’t help you there)

I’m also using the 2k Indoor Pan&Tilt. Maybe try reseting the cameras and check your network configs to see if there’s nothing blocking the packets? Don’t really know what else to tell you.

I had the “Outdoor Cam” working for a month. Now, only with the android app.
What gives?