Remove WiFi password length limit. Remove any restrictions on acceptable WiFi passwords

I can’t set up Solocam S40 because WiFi password length is limited to 32 characters. I mean, why? WiFi password should be accepted AS IS. Without any other restrictions than that of a general WiFi password limitations or restrictions. Am I supposed to change my WiFi password now because someone at Eufy decided that it is a good idea to go against what is generally accepted? I don’t want to set up another SSID just to be able to set up a camera. This is just horrible experience right from the start. Eufy - fix this ASAP, please.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same today as well. Wanted to quickly setup the camera in my lunch break and now I’m close to sending it back…I mean at least Eufy tells you that there is an upper limit. Other companies don’t do that. But come on 32 chars? I have about 60 devices in my network which I don’t want to manually update.
If this restriction is not removed soon I am forced to switch to some other brand sadly.

2 Likes

This still appears to be a problem. I can’t find any public statement from Eufy about fixing it.
Like you I’m not going to change the password on 80 devices because Eufy engineering made a terrible design decision.
The best part is I have 6 current devices using my wifi password. I just can’t add any new devices.
I guess it’s time to explore other brands which is a shame because I really liked the S40s.

2 Likes

Wifi standard is 64 character, if only 32 allowed, developers are not familiar with standard.

2 Likes

It’s a major security issue in this product.
You should not lower your network security policy in order to add a camera…
There is a standard about wifi password length why disrespect it ?

1 Like

Today I wanted to set up my first two eufy SoloCams and stumbled over this issue. What the heck? The WPA/WPA2 standards are very clear on this. A “password” or pre-shared key (PSK) may be 8 to 63 characters (or 64 hexadecimal characters). It’s baffling that eufy has a limit of 32. I’m considering returning the cams now…

1 Like