Please enable Privacy Mode for S350 in Off Mode

I was setting up my security settings (Home, Away, Off) and noticed that I can set the S350 cameras to Privacy Mode on Home or Away but not in Off Mode. I do not use Disarm because I want my outdoor cameras to continue recording and notifying even when I’m home so I use the Off Mode because I can set it to operate the way I want. I would like to set the S350’s to Privacy Mode so they are not constantly tracking when someone walks past one of them. I have them set to track and record in Away Mode and to go into Privacy Mode when in Home Mode but I have to manually set the one in the very high traffic room to Privacy Mode manually in Off Mode. I’m worried that the constant tracking (though not recording) will wear out the motor prematurely. I DO see that setting is enabled in Home Mode and was wondering if it could be added to Off Mode.
Thanks!!

3 Likes

Agreed on all of this. I would like to be able to create custom device control versions of Home for various scenarios. Privacy mode is available in Home, but not in a custom control.

Specifically I’d like like to have different versions of Home where detection and recording of outdoor cameras are enabled or not, and all indoor cameras are in privacy mode (or at least not tracking). Currently I only get the one Home control so I can’t implement the outdoor camera scenarios I would like while having the indoor cameras behave consistently.

1 Like

Plus 1 on this thread. Why didn’t they make Privacy Mode available in all of the Security Modes. It’s crazy since they have so many advanced features for AI tracking that I’ll never use, but they could not make this simple Privacy Mode feature available in all of the Security Modes. Very strange programmers that would limit this setting to just one ‘Home’ Security Mode.

AND! At night when I have the Security Mode set to a ‘custom’ Stay Mode (they call it Night Mode), the infrared night vision light is ON!!! That’s definitely not what I want.