Playback issues on iPhone

Indoor Eufy Camera 2K pan and tilt.

I had no issues with playback before, but recently noticed that it does not playback on my iPhone. The playback slider does not show the yellow lines of recording and I get a text that shows “crypto/aes: invalid key size 31”.

There is definitely usage of the internal storage as my space available is decreasing after a format. I tried restarting the camera as well but it didn’t help.

I

1 Like

Same. I hate that I had to research this to find out as well. The yellow bar recordings were good starting points if I ever needed to manually record past that moment. One of the main reasons I got it. But I’ll be looking to switch if this does not come back soon

Just called support and the agent stated that it’s not with this recent update but in the next update (4.5.5) it will be back as stated in their notes. There just isn’t an ETA on when yet.

According to the Apple App Store, I have 4.5.5 installed. I think it updated yesterday morning. The app says 4.5.5_1167. This broke prior to yesterday’s update for sure. Infact after I saw it updated, this was the first thing I checked to see if it was fixed. I got the cameras for Christmas. And it worked until an update about a week ago.

I still can’t get anything to show under playback, but it did work a couple weeks ago. I don’t get the security message the OP posted. I just get the “there are no videos!” message.

Hi,

I have the same problem at Android after an app update.
It is now only working by continuous recording at my phone.
Looks like eufy changed that!?

Yes I just updated mine and still have the same thing. Guess I’ll give them a call back.

Just spoke with a representative & he stated that some people have it but most are still experiencing this issue. They are currently working on it and plan to have an app update later this week.

PS; He did have me uninstall and reinstall the app cause that worked for some. It did not for me but something to try

It’s finally back with a recent update. Sort of. The yellow bars are now showing. But I have yet to see a video actually playback. The eufy logo just sits there redrawing itself over and over, until it times out saying it can’t play live video. Except I’m not trying to play live video. Im trying to playback old video.

I have been having the same issues since mid Jan (after an update) have been onto customer support multiple times who keep telling me it will be fixed in a future update. At version 4.6 of the app now on iPhone and as of today still no playback function at all (never mind the useful yellow markers).

I ios 15, Eufy App 4.6.1 1225.
2kcam with firmware 2.1.8.3

no issues.

playing event
yellow event marker ok
play events from matker

all ok

fyi…

Just wanted to let everyone know that is a of today, the yellow bars came back for me. Version 4.6.1_1225

I happened to look scroll back for an event from a time I documented and noticed them soon as I hit playback so if you don’t have that version, update it and you should see it. I am on apple products if that matters.