P2P Connect issue

I have just purchased a Video Doorbell 2K HD and set up. After a few hours I cannot get live view to connect due to a P2P connection error. I can see this was an issue a few years ago. Has it started again for anyone. I am able to see events and get alerts. No luck over wifi or 4g.

1 Like

Here are some steps you can try:

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your Wi-Fi network is stable and working correctly. You can try connecting other devices to the same network to verify its functionality.
  2. Restart Device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Try restarting your Video Doorbell and your Wi-Fi router to see if it helps.
  3. Update Firmware: Make sure that your Video Doorbell has the latest firmware installed. Check the manufacturer’s website or app for any available updates and install them if necessary.
  4. Reset Settings: If the problem persists, you can try resetting the settings on your Video Doorbell to default and reconfigure it.
  5. Contact Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s best to contact the manufacturer’s customer support for further assistance. They can provide personalized troubleshooting steps or arrange for a replacement if needed.

I have the same issue & have tried all steps above plus got a new one but still having the issue

I have the same problem. Nothing has worked. Very frustrating.

Same problem here too, brand new one and still p2p video failures. Not a good start

Same problem here. Worked through all those suggestions things really annoying as completely defeats the point of why I bought the doorbell

Needs to be sorted or it’s being sent back

Same issue, had one that worked for years, now doesn’t and goes offline all the time. Bought a new one, same issues despite trying all fixes. Bizarrely it works perfectly indoors away from front door (useless really). Nothing has changed in our home environment to cause this. Almost as if it is programmed not to work externally

Hi All, I started getting this same error, mine was working well without any problems! I tried a temporary setup at my sister’s place too and same result! I really believe it is a firmware problem that was updated a few weeks ago. My version of firmware is 2.0.7.9 and model doorbell camera is T8200X (wired type).

I have the same issue.

I’ve worked out that the live feed works when:
(a) the camera detects motion and sends a notification to the app which I click; and
(b) when the doorbell button is pressed and sends a notification to the app which I click.

If I want to just view the live feed without a notification being present on the app or without it detecting motion, it does not work. In those cases, the app spends about 5 - 10 seconds saying that it is trying to establish a secure connection, then gives an error message saying that it has failed to establish a p2p connection.

After such an error, if I move in front of the camera or press the doorbell button, I can immediately view the live feed. This indicates it is unlikely to be a connection quality / strength issue and in fact either:
(a) some kind of firmware or software issue; or
(b) something odd like it running an unsecured feed for motion / doorbell ring triggered video feed vs a secured connection for other access to the video feed.

The doorbell is recording the motion and doorbell button push events and they are accessible via the app.

I can’t update the settings on the doorbell using the app. Every time I try, it says it has failed. This includes setting of motion sensitivity, motion zones, etc. The app will however allow updates of settings on the chime.

My set up:

• Chime (version 3.3.0.1m_0.6, subsystem 0.0.0.4)
  • S210 doorbell (version 3.0.7.1)
  • iPhone 8 plus
  • standard ISP provided wifi router

I’ve tested the wifi signal using the Eufy app and it says ‘solid’ full signal for both chime and s210 doorbell. They are all within 5m of the router and each other.

The tech support are helping me out via email, but have quickly reverted to asking for serial numbers and product details, indicating they are likely going to offer me a replacement if their suggestions do not work.

Their suggestions have been to:

• check wifi strength (all fine, didn’t fix)
  • reset the chime in the app (done, didn’t fix)
  • reset the doorbell by removing the pairing in the app, charging the doorbell for 2+ hours and then re-pairing it on the app (done, didn’t fix)

Others in and around 2021 have said adjusting wifi settings, limiting it to 20mhz only (rather than allowing 20/40mhz switching), sometimes fixes this issue. I checked my wifi settings and it was already set to 20mhz only. Whilst I was in the wifi settings, I swapped the wifi channel just in case it was a traffic issue - didn’t fix it.

A quick Google search shows massive volumes of posts on this issue in 2021, a dip in such posts, and then a massive surge once again from about March 2024 onward. Judging by that trend, my guess is a firmware or app update has caused this problem.

It does not matter whether my phone is connected to the wifi or using cellular data. The same issue occurs.

Some have suggested turning off 2 factor authentication fixes the issue. Tried it, didn’t work.

I will continue to update you all in the hope of helping others in this situation.

I do not have the issue.

My wifi is set at 40mhz

Try disable QOS.

2 Likes

I do have this issue. Exactly word for word identical. I also cannot update to the new firmware, it gives me an update error. I was unsuccessful with email support, escalated it and spoke to someone on the phone. They said they will likely need to send a replacement, though judging by some of these replies, even that is not a guarantee. Very disappointed.

Same issue here with brand new devices interestingly the last thing it do was change the chime settings to clock !

Changing it backs an restarting to see it that’s it

It is not a wifi issue. It is not a wifi settings issue. It is a firmware issue. Something in a few of the versions is broken. Some have had success with the update by waving their hands in front of the video doorbell camera continually whilst trying to do the update. Others have had to get Eufy (via customer service) to force update the firmware.

Just bought the 2k video doorbell and had P2P connection failure so could not watch live feed contacted eufy support who were excellent and sent me a firmware update i eventually managed to install and live feed now working great response from eufy would recommend