Notifications stop without notice

UPDATE:
In testing I have also noted that if I plug the phone in to charge the “alert” stops.

I still get the notifications as text in theeufy app, and still get events for every motion detection. but no bell. AAAAAAghghgh!! why? why!?

I am so frustrated with this!
I have the push notifications set, I have the background data set
after I restart the phone AND the APP the sound notifications that are supposed to happen when motion is sensed work…

and then…

as the day goes on…
they stop.

I use this feature to alert me if someone is looking at the section of my store that is outside on nice days… and it works for a little while, but then…

it stops.

I walk outside with my phone in hand and I see the notification dot pop up on my phone’s screen and I also can watch the event that was created by my motion… but no “bing bong” sound.
why?

please help.

I tried asking for help from eufy but they wanted my original receipt a video of the action my serial numbers etc. etc. etc. and I can’t find my original receipt so they won’t help me… ach. what a pain.

I’ve resolved my issues, and found it’s been DNS for me.

I run piHole (chained to OpenDNS) when on my home WiFi, but I also have VPN which runs all the time, and even off my WiFi, it tunnels back and uses my piHole.

I’ve had to:
a) Force my LAN DHCP to give my Homebase 2 different DNS (i.e. quad9)
b) Exclude the Eufy app from my VPN
c) Ensure that my externally facing DNS (which my phone will use) allows *.eufylife.com (even if Eufy is excluded from VPN, my phone uses my DNS, which will not respond unless you’re on VPN or it’s a site I allow to be resolved, so I’ve allowed eufylife.com)

I now have no issues. But it’s a faff.

Seriously, set your home and mobile DNS to 9.9.9.9 for a bit, and see if it fixes it.
I haven’t seen which domain/query is being interfered with by piHole/OpenDNS yet, but I now have consistent notifications.

Um. I am not sophisticated enough to understand a lot of what you have written. I don’t use anything other than the app from eufy on my phone.
I don’t run a VPN
maybe this is my trouble… but I am unsure as to how to address the faff.

Make sure that the Eufy app on your phone is not optimized for battery life. That will shut the app down after it runs in the background. That shouldn’t cause issues, but Eufy hasn’t prgrammed the app correctly to deal with being put to sleep after running for a while.

It sounds like the notifications might be getting through, but your sound is disabled. Check your phone setting for notification audio.

the sound has been a trouble sometimes, but now I have the notifications volume maxed and separated from the rest of the phone volume.

got the optimization tip from another thread and have that set for NOT as well.

so far the only way to make them work is to restart the phone… but after a while (like three hours) they just stop. le sigh

If it’s Android you’re using, look into your phone settings that controls the eufy app, this may fix the issue.

App & Notifications.

thanks for the very detailed response! but that is what my setting are, um, set at. So all still the same.

it does seem that after a WHOLE BUNCH of notifications (i.e.walking in and out the door like twnety times in five minutes) it stops.

When you get the bunch of notifications then it stops notifying you, maybe there’s a limit to how many you can receive in a day before acknowledging them.
When I get notifications I’ll swipe them off the notification drop down. Then I’ll view a few of the recorded videos and delete them if they are of no interest to me.

Top tip - if you are having problems with when you’re in (on WiFi) and out (cellular) - try changing your home DNS to quad9 (9.9.9.9).

I don’t know which DNS record Eufy wants, but I’m using piHole (ad blocker) with OpenDNS and something gets blocked. I have now set my DHCP to force the Homebase to get it’s DNS from quad9, while everything else uses piHole.

Problem solved for me.