Notification prevents full recording of the video, everyone is affected

So the scenario is:
-When the camera is triggered it will record.
-It will send you a notification to the App (with a snip of video)
-You can view the recording by opening the App and play it (full video)
-In the recording the first seconds are never recorded (the snip). This is very clear when the trigger was a motion detection. You are there looking at the recorded video trying to figure out what triggered it.

The answer is that the only first seconds are sent to the smartphone notification snip, the recording in the App does not include this precious seconds.

Try it out, next time you get a notification view the video included in the notification pop up and compare to the video that was recorded later in the App.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Are the missing few seconds on wired cameras that you added to the hb3 for storage ? You lose your 3 second preroll when storing to hb3 hard drive.

I put all my cameras back to recording to the SD cards until they fix this…

1 Like

Suspect you are right, all my 4 cameras (indoor and outdoor) are connected to my Homebase3.

When I download the video from the Homebase 3 the fist seconds are missing. Imagine I could move back to SD storage but it would defeat the purpose of Homebase 3.

Hope they fix this soon

1 Like

Same here! It is annoying As you have to scroll back into the continuous recording to see what the trigger was.

On the upside the recently released pre roll works perfectly on the E340 doorbell. (Wired and linked to the Homebase 3) but not on my E330 camera’s.

1 Like

The problem is that in the wired cameras, the first 4 seconds are not available in the Homebase 3 memory!

Does the E340 have an SD slot?

I am having this same problem with the first few seconds, after motion activation and recording to HB3. I have had 3 fedex trucks come into my 400’ long driveway andnturn around The only recording from a S340 and S330 that cover the same area, is as the truck is leaving. The cameras seem to only record portions of vehicles leaving and not coming in.

I have activity zones set for the driveway and sensitivity settings tried from 1 to 7. All motion detection types selected and have since switched to customize recording in power management. There is a setting in customize recording where you can disable “End clip early if motion stops”. I have that setting de-activated now to see if it helps.

In the mean time Eufy programmers may need to look at their code that crops the video clips and adjust some parameters for beginning and end of clip sent to HB3 to save on internal SSD.

Hey Matt (@mat15199 ), check the notifications that you get on the smartphone. I bet that if you open the notification you will have the whole video.

No, it has 13gb on board storage but as it’s connected to the HB3 all recordings are stored on the HB3 so no recordings are stored on the doorbell memory. The E340 is wired in and as per Eufy’s documentation it acts as a wired camera.

Don’t know if this could cause the issue but I have installed a 1TB SSD into the HB3?

I would try removing the HDD and see if the files are stored in the Homebase. It might be that you even find the old files there.