Latest firmware 2.1.7.0 update for NON-HOMEBASE wired cameras record event clips at 1:59 instead of 4:59 when on previous firmware 2.1.6.4

• Eufy Security E210 Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt 2K

• Eufy Security Solo Indoor Cam C24 2k

• Eufy Security Solo C24 Outdoor Cam Pro 2k

All record an event clip at a maximum 1:59 minutes instead of 4:59 minutes before firmware update 2.1.7.0.

Previous firmware 2.1.6.4 event clips recorded at 4:59 minutes.

Since there is no batch download program available anymore since the macOS desktop is no longer supported I’m downloading DOUBLE the amount of event clips for offline archiving.

Is Eufy trying to lose customers again. I’ve filed a complaint ticket. And received a response that their “engineers” are looking into it.

Had the Amazon guy smash into my retaining wall yesterday. I downloaded the clip. It was 40 seconds long… and I only needed 15 seconds of that clip.

I’m curious how you use your cams that you would need to save all that info? All those cams record 24/7 also. Can you record off that footage more that 2 minutes at a shot? Just curious…

I’m guessing they are trying to match the battery cams max recording times for integrating into the HB3. ( if they can pull it off )

I installed security cameras in my parents house. My father is bedridden to his bedroom and the cameras are placed around the house to monitor the Nurse Next Door workers when they come care for my father. The cameras dont look into his bedroom itself for privacy reasons but they monitor the workers around the house. Mostly for theft prevention and ensure quality of service.

All cameras are isolated to a VLAN on the router with additional firewall restrictions

What Eufy cams did you use for this install?

At the time 2021-2022, wanted non-homebase, no subscription, local storage cameras

Eufy Security E210 Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt 2K

• Eufy Security Solo Indoor Cam C24 2k

• Eufy Security Solo C24 Outdoor Cam Pro 2k

Im using a synology rt6600ax router all IOT devices and cameras run on an isolated network.

Oh…. Did you start this post? Thought you were just someone replying?