Indoorcam P24 identifying furniture as a person

I purchased 3 of the eufy indoorcam P24 2K pan and tilt cameras. I set all of them up on counters of the correct height and set up person and pet tracking.

While they do pick up people, they also pick up furniture. And once a camera decides something is a “human”, even if it is a stationary chair in a room where no one is home, it will alert me every few minutes until I eventually have to disable the camera.

I have tried playing around with the sensitivity, tried resetting all the cameras, moving them to new spots.

At this point these cameras are pretty much useless because I can’t keep them on. I am also outside of the return period. I picked this model because of its excellent reviews, so I am very confused as to why they function worse than setting up my iPad as a security cam through an app. The photos are examples of some of the furniture that they class as a human.

Major fail…. The cams don’t take into consideration that it should be a trackable object before it calls it human.

Even bigger fail?? Not giving us a way to get past that. Some Eufy cams have a “marking” feature that helps stop it from repeated AI mistakes. And some cameras have “ privacy zones” that black out selected areas of the screen. I use those privacy zones on every camera they are offered on to try and reduce false triggers. Share the love EUFY!!!

The worst one for me is my smoker grill on my deck. Tried moving it…moving the camera… even purchased a cover for it thinking that would help. NOPE.

That cam is now for live view only. Sad.

1 Like

It appears that AI (artificial intelligence), thinks that those are human parts like limbs & torsos. My outdoor cam would capture my lamp post and a hanging onion lamp as human even though they are not moving.
If your camera has the option to MARK an event use that to stop those detections.

So frustrating! And I don’t even have an option to Mark.

I don’t understand why they would omit the Mark feature on some of their devices. It’s the only work around to avoid false positives.
You do have the Donate button where it will allow you to send the video and a description of what’s wrong to Eufy to evaluate.

My advice would be to create an activity zone and mark the zone so that piece of furniture is ignored.

I know it’s not fixing the main problem, but it’s a solution to your problem that should work. Hope this helps!

I have a few coat racks that false detect all the time,

Also I have fat fingers. How about an option to disable or remove the donate and share buttons.

I reckon Ghosts :slight_smile: Sorry I can’t help.