Indoor 2k camera with homebase 2

@tessen49.

What amazed me is the second they realized that people were assuming they would work together ( and I see how they would ) Eufy didn’t change ANYTHING. I would have stopped the printing of packaging and changed it. Pulled all web stuff and changed it. Amazing

I bought 2 pan tilts fully knowing they didn’t and WONT work with my homebase. (I don’t use them in a traditional sense). Much different from people feeling tricked by print or posts on forums that say it’s “just around the corner”.

3 Likes

Yes I hope with a update!

It is time for a class action lawsuit. They have been making promises to keep us all onboard. Now it is nearing the end of February with nothing to show. They should clearly state in the advertisements that the indoor cams are not compatible and there are no promises of compatibility, but their ads suggest otherwise. This is misleading to say the least.

2 Likes

What a joke. I just installed a eufyCam 2 Pro kit and was surprised to see it didn’t offer the pet detection the “cheap” wired cameras do. Just ordered up the indoor pan & tilt cameras that support pet detection but apparently they don’t support Homebase 2! Didn’t realize this has been an ongoing issue for almost a year until I stumbled upon this forum.

If Eufy realized this was an issue and promised it would be out in a month or two I’d keep the system. The fact that they promised nearly a near ago it would be implemented yet they haven’t done it means I’m returning the entire system and buying products from a company that 1) has enough sense to make all the current products work together and 2) doesn’t lie to customers.

I really like the eufyCam Pro 2 system but this is an absolute deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

It’s a good thing that this thread comes up on a google search. Otherwise I would have bought two indoor cameras.
It’s complete nonsense that the indoor cameras cant connect to HomeBase 2.

1 Like

I was originally thinking of purchasing one one of these as an upgrade to some cheap Kerui indoor security cams I have on the way. Then I saw in a youtube review that integration with Homebase 2 was in the works… I own a eufy wireless doorbell camera there seemed to be more reason to purchase this sooner than later. Seems I don’t need to hurry.

I’m hoping they release a version 2 of the indoor pan and tilt with integration with homebase 2 and also being battery powered so we can place it anywhere. Doesn’t seem to be anything on the market with such specs yet so I hope eufy jump on that opportunity.

1 Like

I use this indoor cam to track my bird when I am out. He sometimes goes missing behind toys and panics me! If it integrated with the homebase then I could check the last recorded movement so I can make sure he is somewhere at least! Even if it was the last 5 alerts saved or something and not full integration that would be a huge positive.

1 Like

I’m just going to put this out there. It’s been a lot more than 3-4 months. When will the Indoor Cam 2k be integrated with the Home Base 2 as promised?

Ya I also assumed (logically) like everyone else that this was an existing feature. Would love for the indoor cams (I currently have the pan/tilt cams) to work with the Homebase 2 to sound the alarm simultaneously and for the cameras to pan toward the triggered device and start recording.

Come on Eufy, you have good products. Please make this obvious functionality a reality!

3 Likes

So glad I read this thread before getting indoor cams it has saved me a lot of time and bother

Many manufacturers have the best material engineers mechanical engineers but can’t afford the best software engineers, computer science engineers, or those engineers don’t believe in the manufacture’s mission. Additionally other countries don’t have as many demands as Americans. Similarly we find differences in Automotive manufacturers. I suggest we simply make use of the capabilities this company has available, those are the only facts. Arrange returns as necessary but the company accomplished its goal, it got its products in your home for introduction.

1 Like

I’d agree with the first part if Eufy wasn’t backed by Anker. I don’t agree with Americans having more demands as most of the open source workarounds I’ve seen seem to come from devs in other countries. I understand the view if we keep the control we can maximize profit but that concept is old and companies don’t like to change anyway from it. After 20 years dismissing Linux as nothing more than a hobby OS, Microsoft has embraced it. It’s not because they want to… It’s because the old way of thinking will kill a company in today’s age. Eufy is just another company in denial of the fact that you can’t run a company in 2021 like you did in 2010. The question is, how long before they actually understand their smarter customer base or they continue to just carter to the set it and forget zombies.

When you compare eufy to arlo, wyze, nest which force you into monthly subscriptions then Eufy comes off as heros.

Relatively, Eufy are the most consumer friendly when it comes to trying to fleece its customers

I’m glad I read this topic before I bought an indoor camera. I have the 2k doorbell and the homebase. I also assumed that the cameras would connect to the homebase.

I live in an apartment, I only need indoor cameras. The outdoor ones are overkill. I guess I’ll wait to see if this ever gets updated before I buy more eufy products!

3 Likes

Any update on the release date for homebase integration?

Yes please…
Is ‘adding support to home Base 2’ still under consideration or is it never gonna happen ?
And I don’t need impolite answers and insulting of Eufy-guys.
That won’t help.

1 Like

You see? Instead of giving you an insulting response … they simply ignore you, as well as any other constructive request and question. I am more than unhappy about the fact I have purchased all their stuff before I knew what kind of company they are …

1 Like

@Martin36 as I stated before this is more a user run forum where users can go for help with the products or to talk about the products, you will very rarely see anyone from Eufy check in aside from @Mengdi.

1 Like

Contacting support@eufylife.com is the best approach as someone from eufy team will be assigned to your ticket for resolution.

I think this is a must. Indoor cameras should be tied to the homebase to arm and disarm and trigger alarms.

1 Like