Human only detection does not work

When i switch to human only detection, i don’t get any alerts or something. When i switch back to the other mode, every little thing will be detected and i get an alert.

Is there a trick for the human only detection or do i need to turn sensitive up or down when human mode is running ?

2 Likes

@cat161 In my opinion, if you want to utilize Human Detection and you are having issues getting the camera to trigger…I’d increase the sensitivity to 6 or 7.

However, in my experience it really depends on the location of your camera in regards to Human Detection. At times if a “human” walks by quickly 1 or 2 seconds (especially towards the camera) it may not trigger at all. So you might not get what you’re looking for. If the camera is in a location that captures a person walking towards it from a distance (ex. driveway) it should have no issue. Unfortunately, it not an exact science.

Been having this issue since the last firmware update on the cameras, sensitivity is set to max and human only mode, the AI says it has filtered 0 events and recorded 417, the recordings were from when it was set to all motions.

1 Like

@hsv4lyf Agreed. The last updates have changed how false detections are read (I have zero and most of my cameras, which is not realistic because I had them before) and I know several on here have complained that it has also effected the AI on the Human Detection. It’s one of my biggest complaints against the “engineers” at Eufy. Their updates bring up several issues that weren’t there before. :man_facepalming:t2:

I’m really disappointed with the human detection functionality. This was my main goal when purchasing this security system, but it seems its not capable of detecting humans even when the sensibility level is set to the maximum (7).

I have 2 moment detection areas and when we’re entering to our house, the camera is not aware of it, despite we are 3 people…

It seems you have the same problem. Any idea ab out how to fix this problem?

Thank you!

My 2C pro cam is set to only human but if cats are walking by in my garden the cam sees that also as movement.
It should not react on animals I think.

@heula Out of curiosity does it pick up your cats during the day or night?

@ivanorpi I’ve had the same issue at times. Unfortunately, the best bet is to select “all motion” and see how the camera reacts. I would say in my experience with all the Eufy cameras I own, I have to change each one depending the location (distance, angle, lighting, etc.) to get the best coverage for that specific area…and not all are with the same settings. It comes down to trial and error.

1 Like

Yesterday it was was 18:44 local time in the Netherlands and that was after sunset.

@heula If you select Human Detection, during the day the cameras will react in the correct manner (most of the times, lol). At night, it will automatically detect “All Motions”, which is why it will trigger animals. Since the Human Detection is not as accurate in low lighting, Eufy’s cameras react to all motion during the evening.

Okay, good to know. Makes sense.
Cars too? I think it doesn’t really react on cars but I will see tonight.

@heula Unfortunately, it can pick up vehicles, along with their headlights that might shine within your camera’s motion coverage area.

Maybe it is a good thing it detects all motion when it is dark.

I don’t use human detection at all. But if a vehicle pulls in your drive and the camera correctly ignores it… does it then miss the driver getting out 2 seconds later ?

1 Like

Don’t know yet, we come home after sunset so it will be seen because the detection is set to all motion than.

My camera keeps detecting my dog on the back steps, even during daytime. It is set to human only setting. Should i be changing the sensitivity or is it a issue with the angle of the camera when the dog going up and down stairs?

OMG I came HERE FOR HELP. I RESEARCHED SECURITY BELLS FOR WEEKS AND I GUESS I DIDNT DO AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT. I TRIED EVERYTHING, BUT ON HUMAN MODE NOTHING DETECTS. MY FAMILY WALKED IN AND OUT THE ZONES NUMEROUS TIMES IN THE DAY & NIGHT. NOT 1 ALERT. ON ALL MOTION IT PICKS UP EVERYTHING BUT RARELY A HUMAN LOL. … ON YOUTUBE I WATCHED A GUY TEST THE DIFFERENT EUFY BELLS AND THEY FAILED WHEN SET ON HUMAN ONLY. HES BASICALLY STATING IT SEEMS LIKE ITS NOT AN OPTION BUT ADVERTISED AS ONE FOR SELLS . THEN ITS THE BATTERY DRAIN ISSUE! EVEN WITH MOTION OFF, LED OFF, LOW QUALITY VIDEO. WE FULLY CHARGED THE BELL AND 2 HRS LATER IT WAS ON 78%! NO MOTION, BELL OR LED. I HAVE CHARGED THIS THINK TWICE IN 6 DAYS. I CONTACTED SUPPORT & THEY SEEMED TO MAKE IT SO COMPLICATED TO GET A REPLACEMENT. THINK THEY SOLD ME A USED BELL. I POSTED THE WHOLE CONVERSATION ON MY PLATFORMS SO PEOPLE CAN SEE HOW I WAS TREATED. I KNOW THE TOPIC WAS THE MOTION. I SPINNED OFF TOPIC BUT IM NOT! HAVING A GOOD EXPERIENCE.