How to extend distance between Homebase and S330 cameras?

I believe that the Homebase and cameras connect using their own wi fi signal? Had I have known this I wouldn’t have bought the set up.

How can I extend the range between Homebase and cameras please? Would they connect via a mesh network?

Right, the HomeBase and cameras communicate with each other via their own Wi-Fi network. HomeBase uses your home’s Wi-Fi network kind of like a extender / repeater.
The HomeBase can connect to your mesh Network but, the cameras as far as I know cannot.
Option is to move the HB closer to the camera or vice versa and still have a good Wi-Fi connection to your modem / router.

if you use a mesh network, make sure the nodes (extenders) have ethernet inputs. then you can plug the homebase into the node and move the homebase closer to your cameras without losing throughput.

Thanks for the above. However if I move the HB closer to one camera it will be further from the second and will not connect to that one.

1 Like

Yeah that’s kind of the downfall with the HB… if eufy would produce a range extender that you can place between the HB and Camera it would solve that distance issue as long as you have an outlet available for that area.

This is from eufy help support:
In theory, the HomeBase can be 50ft from the WI-Fi router. In most cases, the camera can be placed from the HomeBase within 30ft (for a stronger signal).

• The actual range will vary depending on a number of factors such as the thickness of walls, obstacles inside the house, and the location of the router.*

Me ~
The best you can do for now is try to find a happy medium between them and check the Wi-Fi signal meter on the app for strength.

you have 2 options, 1st try swapping cameras. i have found that their is a big difference between cameras with my 2c system. the other option is to add a 2nd homebase.

I’ve an unexpected situation with my Eufy Security system that I wanted to share and seek advice on. It seems that the Homebase and cameras are connected using their own Wi-Fi signals, and I wasn’t aware of this when I initially set up the system. This revelation has caught me off guard, and I’m a bit disappointed as I might not have chosen this setup had I known. Now I’m trying to figure out how to extend the range between the Homebase and cameras to ensure optimal coverage.

There are a few workarounds that you can try, however. One option is to move the HomeBase to a more central location in your home. This will help to improve the signal strength to all of your cameras. Another option is to use a Wi-Fi signal booster. This will amplify the HomeBase’s signal, but it will not extend the range as far as a mesh network would.

Eufy has added a feature to the homebase 3 called “multibridge” to help with the connection distance by using your existing wifi network to connect your cameras to the homebase. At this time only the E330 professional camera supports this feature but I was told more cameras will support it in the coming months. Im already seeing the option for my E340 floodlight but its not currently activated yet.

1 Like

A wifi signal booster on Homebase won’t help with the Homebase to camera link as the signals from the cameras won’t get boosted. It could help between router and Homebase, but pulling an ethernet cable would be a better choice.